Thursday, 9 March 2023
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 9:30:00
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has passed the Environmental Protection Agency (Emergency Electricity Generation) (Amendment) Bill 2023, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired.
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from the following Senators that they propose to raise the following matters: Senator Garret Ahearn - The need for the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Water Quality (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House and thank him for taking this important Commencement matter. It is my first opportunity to congratulate the Minister of State on his new role. We in...
- Hospital Staff (9 speeches)
I appreciate that the Minister of State is here at very short notice. I acknowledge that the Department of Health has emailed myself, and Senators Gavan and Conway, to explain that the Minister...
- Hospital Overcrowding (5 speeches)
I wish to put on record that I am more than disappointed that the Minister for Health is not present. He has bottled it because he knows he has no answers to the issue I will raise in respect of...
- Health Services Staff (5 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy O'Donnell, is very welcome to the House. This is a straightforward, simple Commencement matter. I am looking to learn when the Minister for Health, Deputy...
- Environmental Protection Agency (Emergency Electricity Generation) (Amendment) Bill 2023: Second Stage (19 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Environmental Protection Agency (Emergency Electricity Generation) (Amendment) Bill 2023: Committee and Remaining Stages (67 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Environmental Protection Agency (Emergency Electricity Generation) (Amendment) Bill 2023: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the...