Thursday, 5 July 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Rose Conway-Walsh that on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to make a...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Medicinal Products Regulation (6 speeches)
For the first Commencement matter we have the Minister of State, Deputy Finian McGrath. Cuirim fáilte roimhe. I ask Senator Rose Conway-Walsh to outline her case.
- Cross-Border Co-operation (7 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas leis an Aire as a bheith linn ar maidin don cheist seo. I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government and I thank him for...
- School Patronage (6 speeches)
I raise concerns over the Carlow County Childcare Committee surveys on school reconfiguration for diversity being carried out on behalf of Kilkenny and Carlow Education and Training Board. This...
- Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed, on 4 July 2018, the Heritage Bill 2016, considered by virtue of Article 20.2.2° of the Constitution as a Bill initiated in Dáil Éireann, to which the...
- Order of Business (35 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. a1, motion regarding the eighth report of the Committee of Selection, to be taken on conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 1, motion regarding the...
- Visit of French Delegation (1 speech)
May I at this stage, before I call the next speaker, say bonjourto the French friendship group visiting the Parliament. They are extremely welcome and I hope they enjoy their visit.
- Order of Business (Resumed) (33 speeches)
I welcome the re-establishment of the Brexit working group under the stewardship of the Chairman, Senator Richmond, who has done an excellent job in that capacity. It is an important committee....
- Report of Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the report of the Committee of Selection be laid before the Seanad.
- Sitting Arrangements: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in the Standing Orders relative to Public Business: (1)The Seanad shall meet at 2 p.m. on Monday, 9th July, 2018, and shall adjourn no later than 10 p.m.,...
- Health (General Practitioner Service) Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Health Act 1970 to provide for the making available of a general practitioner medical and surgical service to persons in receipt of certain allowances under the...
- Health (General Practitioner Service) Bill 2018: Second Stage (19 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Health (General Practitioner Service) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (6 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Declaration of Independence Day Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (9 speeches)
Bill received for final consideration.
- National Archives (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (59 speeches)
Before we commence I would like to remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on an amendment on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment, who may reply to the discussion on an...