Tuesday, 12 December 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 13:00:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator John O’Mahony that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Institutes of Technology (9 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for selecting this topic and thank the Minister of State for attending to reply to my queries. All of us in the west know that the campus of GMIT has played a huge role...
- Mother and Baby Homes Inquiries (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, Deputy Katherine Zappone, to the Chamber. I call Senator Devine and she has four minutes.
- Housing Provision (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Deputy Eoghan Murphy, to the House.
- Message from Dáil (1 speech)
The following message has been received from the Dáil:Dáil Éireann passed the Public Service Pay and Pensions Bill 2017 on 7 December 2017, to which the agreement of Seanad...
- Order of Business (50 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 1, motion regarding recast of the EU reception conditions Directive 2013/33/EU, referral to committee, to be taken on conclusion of the Order of Business...
- Courts Service (Amendment) Bill 2017: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Courts Service Act 1998 to prohibit investments by the Courts Service in tobacco related companies and to provide for...
- EU Directives: Referral to Joint Committee (4 speeches)
I move:That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect...
- Finance Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (73 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage except for the proposer of a recommendation who may reply to the discussion on the recommendation. On...
- Public Service Pay and Pensions Bill 2017: Second Stage (15 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."