Wednesday, 29 September 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Maria Corrigan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business. (134 speeches)
I would like to express my and the House's regret on the sad passing of one of the oldest retired Members of the Oireachtas, who passed away in August at the age of 95. Séamus Dolan was a...
- Order of Business: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, in each sitting until the adjournment of the Seanad for the Christmas recess, the Leader of the House be called to reply to the Order of Business no later than 55 minutes after the...
- Business of Seanad (7 speeches)
I do not oppose the first motion but I wish to raise a point of order on it.
- Legal Proceedings: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, pursuant to section 4(2)(f)(v) of the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission Acts 2003 to 2009, hereby authorises the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission to instruct...
- Provision of Health Services by the HSE: Statements (Resumed) (40 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy John Moloney. Senator James Carroll was in possession. I call Senator Healy Eames. She has seven minutes.
- End of Life Care: Motion (26 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Áine Brady.
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business: that the motion regarding the Credit Institutions (Eligible Liabilities Guarantee) (Amendment) Scheme 2010 be taken now and conclude not later...
- Credit Institutions (Eligible Liabilities Guarantee) (Amendment) Scheme 2010: Motion (15 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approve the terms of the draft scheme entitled Credit Institutions (Eligible Liabilities Guarantee) (Amendment) Scheme 2010, a copy of which draft scheme was laid...
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
In keeping with the order of the day, I ask the Acting Leader to extend the time.
- Credit Institutions (Eligible Liabilities Guarantee) (Amendment) Scheme 2010: Motion (Resumed) (24 speeches)
I will keep to my time. I have five minutes more.
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Health Services (3 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this very important issue, to ask the Minister for an update on initiatives being undertaken to raise awareness, provide education and deliver...
- Drug Treatment Programme (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I raise this important issue because I understand that only an ad hoc service is provided for methadone users and those suffering from addiction in...
- Gaming and Lotteries Legislation (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for being here at 10.50 p.m. on a Wednesday night to respond to this Adjournment matter, the focus of which is on the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 which urgently...