Wednesday, 17 December 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator David Norris that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and Children to...
- Order of Business (135 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re commemoration of the 90th anniversary of the first sitting of Dáil Éireann, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No....
- Commemoration of 90th Anniversary of First Sitting of Dáil Éireann: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, to facilitate the Commemoration of the Ninetieth Anniversary of the First Sitting of Dáil Éireann, it is proposed that: On Tuesday, 20 January 2009, Seanad Éireann shall be...
- Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) (No. 2) Bill 2008: Second Stage (30 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) (No. 2) Bill 2008: Committee and Remaining Stages (1 speech)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.
- Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
I move: "That the sitting be suspended until 5 p.m."
- Foster Care: Motion (26 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann commends the Government, the Health Service Executive and the Irish Foster Care Association and acknowledges the measures taken for the continued successful...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Care of the Elderly (7 speeches)
I have been briefed on this issue by a constituent and I rely on the brief to establish the facts. It is about a residential facility in County Carlow, a part of Ireland known to the Minister of...
- Social Welfare Offices (5 speeches)
I thank the Chair for allowing me to raise this issue. I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Hoctor, to the House. There has been a significant increase in the number of people claiming...
- Schools Patronage (4 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for the opportunity to raise this evening the need for the Minister for Education and Science to outline his response to a request from Educate Together to be recognised...