Wednesday, 30 January 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Diarmuid Wilson that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (85 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re time limit for the Order of Business, to be taken without debate; No. 2, motion re custodial sentences, referral to committee, to be taken without...
- Order of Business: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the practice of calling the Leader of the House to reply to the Order of Business no later than 40 minutes after the proposal of the Order of Business shall be continued until the...
- Custodial Sentences: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- The 70th Anniversary of the Constitution: Statements (12 speeches)
I propose that Senators' contributions be limited to ten minutes.
- Substance Abuse: Motion (Resumed) (22 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Senator Larry Butler on Wednesday, 19 December 2007:
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Hospitals Building Programme (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Pat The Cope Gallagher, to the House.
- Health Services (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Gallagher, for attending but I regret that the Minister, Deputy Harney, is not present. I am happy to have an opportunity to discuss the urgent need for the...
- Social and Affordable Housing (4 speeches)
Part V of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 to 2006 was seen as innovative legislation because it sought to ensure that new housing developments made provision for people who could not...