Friday, 15 December 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (24 speeches)
As this is the last sitting day of this session, I take the opportunity to wish Members a happy Christmas. I thank them all for their co-operation, especially the Leas-Chathaoirleach, Acting...
- Order of Business (100 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1 to 5, inclusive. No. 1, Social Welfare Bill 2006 — Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude no...
- Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has passed the Europol (Amendment) Bill 2006 and the Irish Film Board (Amendment) Bill 2006 without amendment.
- Social Welfare Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (27 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Social Welfare Bill 2006: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Social Welfare Bill...
- Appropriation Bill 2006: Second Stage (4 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Appropriation Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (4 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Appropriation Bill 2006: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Appropriation Bill...
- Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 103, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Irish Overseas Aid (3 speeches)
I thank you, a Chathaoirligh, for allowing me to raise this matter on the Adjournment. I thank the Minister of State for attending the House. Some 2,006 years ago, there were problems with the...
- Health Insurance (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this issue concerning the BUPA health insurance company. As a result of the introduction of risk equalisation, BUPA has decided to withdraw from the...