Tuesday, 5 December 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Wilson that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and Science to...
- Order of Business (68 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. No. 1, a procedural motion to allow the Joint Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs more time to consider the...
- Official Languages Act Regulations: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Order of the 21st November, 2006 referring the proposal that Seanad approves the Official Languages Act 2003 (Section 9) Regulations 2006 in draft, to the Joint Committee on...
- Bovine Diseases (Levies) Regulations 2006: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Bovine Diseases (Levies) Regulations, 2006, copies of which were laid in draft before Seanad Éireann...
- National Economic and Social Development Office Act: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: National Economic and Social Development Office Act 2006 (Establishment Day) Order 2006, copies of which have been laid in...
- Prisons Bill 2006: Motion to Recommit. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, pursuant to Standing Order No. 111, directs that the Prisons Bill 2006 be recommitted in respect of amendments Nos. 24 to 26, inclusive.
- Prisons Bill 2006: Report Stage. (66 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 6, line 16, after "force" to insert "at a material time". We tabled this amendment because the definition of "prison rules" is somewhat flawed in that it applies...
- Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
According to the Order of Business, we are to adjourn this debate now. Would it be possible to complete the amendments in ten or 15 minutes?
- Prisons Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (14 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 39:
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (107 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Outdoor Education Centres (5 speeches)
I wish to share time with Senator O'Brien, who represents the same constituency as I do.
- Hospitals Building Programme. (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House. I was momentarily confused and wondered whether I was to discuss with him the issue of Dingle-Daingean Uí Chúis. I realise, however, that we are both here...