Tuesday, 22 March 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Leyden that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy. (11 speeches)
Two former Senators have passed away but we will not have expressions of sympathy on the death of the second until after his funeral. I express my sympathy on the death of a strong and committed...
- Order of Business. (70 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Finance Bill 2005 — Second Stage to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude not later than 6.30 p.m., with the contributions of...
- Finance Bill 2005 [Certified Money Bill]: Second Stage. (78 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Veterinary Practice Bill 2004: Committee Stage. (230 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Agriculture and Food to the House.
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects. (3 speeches)
I am delighted that the Minister for Agriculture and Food is here as she has a great interest in and knowledge of the region in question. I seek to ascertain when the major development at Elphin...
- Road Traffic Offences. (4 speeches)
I thank you, a Chathaoirligh, for choosing this matter on the Adjournment. I empathise fully with Senator Leyden as my very first job was as a teacher in the same school. I am only disappointed...
- Recreational Facilities. (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Agriculture and Food for being here to represent the Minister for Education and Science. Davis College in Mallow, County Cork, is a newly-built second level school with...