Wednesday, 16 February 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Ulick Burke that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Tánaiste and Minister for...
- Order of Business. (144 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on procedure on Second Stage of Bills to be taken without debate, which proposes to address the unwieldy...
- Report of Committee on Procedure and Privileges: Motion. (2 speeches)
I move: That the report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on procedure on Second Stage of Bills, dated 10 February 2005, be laid before Seanad Éireann; that the report be published;...
- Development of BMW Region: Statements. (106 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House for statements on the progress in relation to the development of the BMW region.
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004: Report and Final Stages. (31 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Member may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Also on Report Stage...
- Regional Transport Policy: Statements. (58 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Callely, to the House for statements on regional transport policy.
- Civil Partnership Bill 2004: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision for and in connection with civil partnership.
- Civil Partnership Bill 2004: Second Stage. (85 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank the Leader and the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform for the flexible manner in which they have dealt with this Bill. It...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Home Subvention Scheme. (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Seán Power, to the House. I would like to ask him and his colleague, the Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children, when the home subvention package,...
- Company Closures. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Martin, to the House. It is the first time I have been present in the House to welcome him as Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment. I wish him well in this...
- Physical Education Facilities. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister here for this Adjournment matter. It is ironic that I should raise this issue tonight because 12 or 13 years ago I had the honour of leading a march around Castleknock to...