Wednesday, 9 February 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Quinn that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment,...
- Order of Business. (50 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on privacy and defamation, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude not later than 1.30 p.m., with the contributions of...
- Privacy and Defamation: Statements. (31 speeches)
I welcome this opportunity to again address Seanad Éireann on this topic. Members may recall that I last spoke here in this regard on 9 December 2003, a few days after a major conference which I...
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004: Committee Stage. (117 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Overseas Development Aid: Motion. (48 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann deplores the decision of the Government to renege on the solemn commitment given by the Taoiseach in 2000 to increase Ireland's Overseas Development Aid budget to...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
Dublin Port Tunnel.
- Dublin Port Tunnel. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Deputy Callely, to the House. I have raised this issue on a number of occasions over the past two or three years. On 21 October...
- Pension Provisions. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to respond to this evening's Adjournment matters. The Minister of State may be aware that the Government is to provide €500,000 to the...