Wednesday, 15 November 2023
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.10 a.m.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: Deputy Violet-Anne Wynne - To...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- School Meals Programme (4 speeches)
The Minister for Social Protection, Deputy Humphreys, outlined to me yesterday evening that she would not be in a position to take this question here this morning. Nonetheless, I am very...
- Flood Risk Management (4 speeches)
I thank the office of the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for selecting this Topical Issue today. I thank the Minister of State, Deputy James Browne, for being here. It has been four weeks now since...
- Hospital Facilities (4 speeches)
I express my gratitude to the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this crucial topic for discussion. It certainly holds significant importance for the people of Mayo. There is an urgent need to...
- Disease Management (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this Topical Issue. Epidermolysis bullosa, EB, is an extremely painful and rare skin disease, unknown to many people. People living with EB are missing...
- Imposing Sanctions on Israel: Motion [Private Members] (40 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: — expresses its horror at the death and devastation being wrought by the Israeli government in Gaza; — expresses its outrage at the scale...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (66 speeches)
Israel's merciless military attack on the people of Gaza continues. The attack has killed more than 11,000 Palestinians, including more than 4,500 children and more than 3,000 women. A child is...
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (43 speeches)
Last week, I raised with the Taoiseach the 800 vacant posts across primary schools. Today, the TUI has sounded a warning in regard to the recruitment and retention of teachers in secondary...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2023: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2023: Vote 5 — Office of...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (12 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach his engagement with European leaders as regards the Israel-Gaza conflict. [49603/23]
- Trade Missions (11 speeches)
3. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent visit to South Korea. [49618/23]
- Northern Ireland (11 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on Brexit and Northern Ireland will next meet. [49620/23]
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2023: Second Stage (Resumed) (7 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2023: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Housing, Local Government and Heritage pursuant to Standing Orders 95 and 181.
- Employment (Collective Redundancies and Miscellaneous Provisions) and Companies (Amendment) Bill 2023: Second Stage (10 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time". I welcome the opportunity to introduce the Employment (Collective Redundancies and Miscellaneous Provisions) and Companies (Amendment) Bill...
- Estimates for Public Services 2023: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Transport and Communications has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Energy (Windfall Gains in the Energy Sector) (Cap on Market Revenues) Bill 2023: From the Seanad (17 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Health (Termination of Pregnancy Services) (Safe Access Zones) Bill 2023 (Bill 54 of 2023): Report and Final Stages (59 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 3 are related and may be discussed together.
- Escalation of Violence in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Matt Carthy on Tuesday, 14 November 2023: That Dáil Éireann:
- Imposing Sanctions on Israel: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Holly Cairns on Wednesday, 25 November 2023: