Wednesday, 2 March 2022
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Denis Naughten - to...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Energy Policy (4 speeches)
I am grateful to the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this Topical Issue matter. It has been an important matter over many years, but over the past six days it has become even more...
- Social Welfare Schemes (8 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this matter. I appreciate the Minister of State being here to respond to the debate. For the record, I submitted the matter for the attention...
- Special Educational Needs (10 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for facilitating the discussion of this important local issue, which is also relevant for schools across the country. The news last night that the early...
- Mental Health Services (8 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for selecting this issue for debate. I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Butler, for being here. In many HSE documents we see the mantra the "right care",...
- National Driver Licence Service: Motion [Private Members] (25 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes that: — the current National Driver Licence Service (NDLS) contract, which was put in place in 2021 while the attention of the body politic...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (65 speeches)
Last night, we once again witnessed the most harrowing scenes emanating from Ukraine. We have seen the bewildered faces of children and civilian populations fleeing for their safety and lives,...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (89 speeches)
Last June I raised the issue of the collapse of the HSE dental services across the State and since then the situation has gotten far worse, to the extent that the Irish Dental Association now...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (2 speeches)
It is proposed that, notwithstanding the order of the Dáil made on yesterday's Order of Business, today's statements on the situation in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory,...
- Planning and Development (Liquefied Natural Gas - LNG) (Amendment) Bill 2022: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the amendment of the Planning and Development Act 2000 in order to restrict developments in Liquefied Natural...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2022: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2022: Vote 29 —...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Bodies (41 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the international unit of his Department. [7688/22]
- Departmental Functions (29 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the economic division of his Department. [7923/22]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (35 speeches)
18. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the One Ocean Summit. [8854/22]
- Institutional Burials Bill 2022: Second Stage (24 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time". I am pleased to bring the Institutional Burials Bill 2022 before the House. This legislation will provide us with a legal basis to finally...
- Comóradh Sheachtain na Gaeilge: Ráitis (36 speeches)
The Minister, Deputy Catherine Martin, is sharing time with the Minister of State, Deputy Jack Chambers.
- Electricity Costs (Domestic Electricity Accounts) Emergency Measures Bill 2022: From the Seanad (3 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Redundancy Payments (Amendment) Bill 2022: Report and Final Stages (1 speech)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 13, inclusive, have been ruled out of order.
- Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022: Report and Final Stages (3 speeches)
As there are no amendments on Report Stage, we will proceed to the Fifth Stage.
- Social Welfare (Payment Order) (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Claire Kerrane on 24 February 2022: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Support for the Sovereignty and Territorial Integrity of Ukraine: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (3 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Simon Coveney, on Tuesday, 1 March 2022:
- Healthcare Waiting Lists: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy David Cullinane on Tuesday, 1 March 2022:
- Situation in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including the recent Amnesty International Report: Statements (44 speeches)
Táimid ag tosú leis an Áire. Tá fiche nóiméad aige. To avoid interrupting him, I ask if there is a copy of the Minister's speech available. It has happened a few...