Thursday, 11 March 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10 a.m.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Programme: Statements (100 speeches)
I am sharing time with the Minister of State, Deputy Butler. I believe we would all agree that Ireland’s Covid-19 vaccination programme is the most ambitious public health initiative ever...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (19 speeches)
Ar an 6 Márta thug Comhairle na mBreithiúna tacaíocht do na treoirlínte úra atá le leibhéil na ndámhachtainí i gcásanna díobhálacha...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (59 speeches)
There is a long list of speakers and I will do my best to get everybody in. With the co-operation of the Tánaiste, we will get as many in as we can. I appeal to Deputies to stay well under...
- Statement by An Taoiseach (11 speeches)
I would like to congratulate the Minister for Justice, Deputy McEntee, and her husband, Paul, on the news that they are expecting their first child in May. Is ócáid speisialta í...
- Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Amendment) (Climate Emergency Measures) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (3 speeches)
I did not realise I would have to speak to this.
- An Bille um Cheathrú Chultúir 1916, 2021: First Stage (6 speeches)
I do not know what the translation of the Title is. B'fhéidir go mbeidh an Teachta Ó Snodaigh in ann aistriúchán a thabhairt air sin.
- Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (8 speeches)
I thank Deputies for supporting the Bill. The contributions made and points raised have been very useful and I am grateful for the consideration Deputies have given the matter. The Bill, while...
- Criminal Procedure Bill 2021: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Criminal Procedure Bill 2021: Report and Final Stages (29 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 9, between lines 25 and 26, to insert the following: “(9) In respect of relevant offences to which this Act applies, where an application under section...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (2 speeches)
I have just been informed that somebody who is very well known to most of us here, Alice Kearney, is retiring. She has laboured long in the Department of the Taoiseach and has dealt with...
- Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Bill 2020: From the Seanad (3 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Housing Shared Equity Loan Scheme: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Eoin Ó Broin on Wednesday, 3 March 2021:
- Land Development Agency Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division on Second Stage of the Land Development Agency Bill 2021, taken yesterday. On the question, "That the Bill be now read a Second Time", a division was...
- Land Development Agency Bill 2021: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Housing, Local Government and Heritage pursuant to Standing Orders 95(3)(a) and 181(1).
- Children (Amendment) Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Second Stage (22 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I will start by thanking Senator McDowell and the other proposing Senators for introducing this Bill in the Seanad. It has now passed all...
- Young People and Access to Further and Higher Education: Motion [Private Members] (28 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes that: — Covid-19 and public health restrictions have imposed significant hardship and sacrifice on young people, students and all those in...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Jennifer Murnane O'Connor...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Medical Cards (5 speeches)
I welcome the new arrangements announced recently by the Minister of State, Deputy Feighan, for those with medical prognoses of up to 24 months to be eligible for a medical card. I would go...
- Drug Dealing (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Browne.
- School Enrolments (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this Topical Issue matter and I thank the Minister of State for being here. Every year we have pressures in east Cork with regard to second level school...
- Gorse Burning (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House. As he is aware, just four days ago, on Sunday 7 March, 18 firefighters, two Civil Defence units and the National Parks and Wildlife Service...