Wednesday, 16 December 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach Gníomhach (Deputy Joe Carey) i gceannas ar 9.15 a.m.
- Proposal re Agreement with Danish State on Statistical Transfer of Energy from Renewable Sources: Motion (8 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Agreement between Ireland and the Danish State on the establishment of a framework for the statistical transfer of energy from...
- Proposal re Agreement with Republic of Estonia on Statistical Transfer of Energy from Renewable Sources: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Agreement between Ireland and the Republic of Estonia on the establishment of a framework for the statistical transfer of energy...
- Impact of Covid-19 Restrictions: Motion [Private Members] (43 speeches)
I move: “That Dáil Éireann: recognises: — that the Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting economic recession have negatively affected many peoples' mental health and...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (18 speeches)
I appeal to all leaders to adhere to the allocated time.
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (95 speeches)
Some 31 Deputies have indicated they wish to speak, including 18 carried forward from yesterday, so please adhere to the time limit of one minute. I call Deputy McDonald.
- Estimates for Public Services 2020: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That Revised Estimates for the Public Services for the year ending 31st December, 2021, be presented to the Dáil and circulated to members and be referred to Select Committees, as...
- Report on Supreme Court Judgments: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann takes note of the Joint Report on the Response of the Houses of the Oireachtas to the Judgments of the Supreme Court in the Kerins Case (laid before...
- Sitting Arrangements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders and until further notice in the 33rd Dáil— (a) the schedule for the Dáil sitting week, and (b) the rota for...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committees (10 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee dealing with housing will next meet. [41650/20]
- Departmental Functions (21 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the social policy and public service reform division of his Department. [41652/20]
- Shared Island Unit (25 speeches)
8. To ask the Taoiseach the details of his engagements with the UK Prime Minister on the shared island unit and the commitments made. [41790/20]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Willie O'Dea - to discuss...
- Guerin Report: Statements (6 speeches)
The Taoiseach has indicated that he wishes to make a statement, pursuant to Standing Order 55, in relation to Mr. Alan Shatter.
- Post-European Council: Statements (39 speeches)
I attended a meeting of the European Council in Brussels last Thursday and Friday, 10 and 11 December. I also attended a meeting of the Euro summit. We began as usual on Thursday with an...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Community Development Projects (4 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this issue and I am very grateful to the Minster of State for taking this debate, which is extremely important for so many residents in the Dundrum area....
- Hospital Waiting Lists (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important matter. I have put it down for the lottery five or six times. Spina bifida affects about one in every 1,000 children born in Ireland....
- Hospital Waiting Lists (4 speeches)
I am glad to have four minutes to address this matter. I will speak slowly to let the figures sink in. The outpatient waiting list for orthopaedic services at University Hospital Galway...
- National Broadband Plan (4 speeches)
Thanks in part to the hard work of our local authority, Longford County Council, and keen, civic-minded community groups, County Longford is awash with top-quality regeneration projects. One of...
- Message from the Standing Business Committee of Dáil Éireann (1 speech)
The Standing Business Committee has completed its consideration under Standing Order 30 of the request by the Joint Committee on Justice to waive the requirement for scrutiny of the Regulation of...
- Planning and Development Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Second Stage (27 speeches)
Tairgim: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois". I am grateful for the opportunity to bring the Bill before the House. As flagged in the Seanad and to the Oireachtas Joint Committee...
- Planning and Development Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Instruction to Committee (15 speeches)
I move: That, pursuant to Standing Order 187, it be an instruction to the Dáil in Committee on the Planning and Development Bill 2020, that it has power to make amendments to the Bill...
- Planning and Development Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (117 speeches)
Amendment No. 15 has the potential to impose a charge on the Revenue and is therefore ruled out of order in accordance with Standing Order 212(3). Amendment No. 2 to amendment No. 22 and...
- Teachtaireachtaí ón Seanad - Messages from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has accepted the Finance Bill 2020, without recommendation. Seanad Éireann has passed the Social Welfare Bill 2020, without amendment.
- Investment Limited Partnerships (Amendment) Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (7 speeches)
Bill reported without amendment and received for final consideration.
- Impact of Covid-19 Restrictions: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Carol Nolan on Wednesday, 16 December 2020:
- Prohibition of Sulky-Racing 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Mattie McGrath on Thursday, 10 December: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."