Wednesday, 21 October 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10 a.m.
- Post Office Network: Motion [Private Members] (42 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognises: — that transactions within the post office network are down by an estimated 25 per cent due to the Covid-19 pandemic, which heightens...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (45 speeches)
At midnight we will enter our second lockdown of this pandemic. Workers, families and communities are being asked to make enormous sacrifices once again. People will lose their jobs and...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (83 speeches)
A total of 31 Deputies have indicated they wish to ask questions, including eight carried forward from yesterday.
- Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice pursuant to Standing Orders 95(3)(a) and 178(1).
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committees (16 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on Europe will next meet. [29924/20]
- Shared Island Unit (24 speeches)
2. To ask the Taoiseach the status of the work programme development for the shared island unit, including the expected timeframe. [30139/20]
- European Council Meetings (8 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the EU Council meeting of 16 October 2020. [31339/20]
- Estimates for Public Services 2020: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on the Transport and Communication Networks has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for the Public Service for the year ending 31 December 2020: Vote 31.
- Railway Safety (Reporting and Investigation of Serious Accidents, Accidents and Incidents involving Certain Railways) Bill 2020: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the reporting and investigation of serious accidents, accidents and incidents involving certain railways.
- Railway Safety (Reporting and Investigation of Serious Accidents, Accidents and Incidents involving Certain Railways) Bill 2020: Second Stage (8 speeches)
I move: “That the Bill be now read a Second Time.” The Bill is to provide a statutory basis for a continuation of the powers of the Railway Accident Investigation Unit, RAIU for...
- Commission of Investigation (Mother and Baby Homes and certain related Matters) Records, and another Matter, Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Second Stage (54 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Thomas Pringle - to...
- Commission of Investigation (Mother and Baby Homes and certain related Matters) Records, and another Matter, Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (9 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (4 speeches)
Over the past week or so, there has been quite a volume of calls to my office from rural bus operators in County Donegal. They are querying what they see as the overly stringent nature of the...
- Ambulance Service (4 speeches)
I appreciate the time given to me to discuss this matter. I have raised this issue over many years and frankly I am disappointed to have to do so again. I have a number of questions about an...
- Health Screening Programmes (4 speeches)
I am disappointed the Minister, Deputy Stephen Donnelly, is not here to answer these questions. I know he is busy but it is important that the Minister is in the Chamber. Recently, Patricia...
- Housing Provision (5 speeches)
Housing in the Ringsend, Pearse Street and Kevin Street areas is a significant issue. There is not enough of it. There is not enough social or affordable housing nationally, but in Ringsend,...