Wednesday, 30 January 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Garda Youth Diversion Projects (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the number of serious offences which were not addressed as a result of administrative error or as a result of Garda negligence...
- Garda Youth Diversion Projects (7 speeches)
31. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality his views on the latest report on the Garda youth diversion programme, specifically the cases deemed not suitable for the...
- Civil Partnership Legislation (8 speeches)
32. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality his views on the ruling that the prohibition on testifying against a spouse extends only to married couples and not to civil...
- Garda Complaints Procedures (11 speeches)
34. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the status of progress of the five section 42 inquiries established in response to the independent review mechanism; the cost of...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Protected Disclosures (10 speeches)
35. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if he is satisfied that the system regarding protected disclosures within An Garda Síochána is functioning properly,...
- Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission Funding (15 speeches)
36. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality his views on whether funding issues may be impeding the ability of GSOC to deal with protected disclosures in an expedient and...
- International Conventions (7 speeches)
37. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality his plans to ratify the Budapest convention and the Lanzarote convention; the timeline for the ratification of same; and if he...
- Gambling Sector (7 speeches)
38. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if his Department considers loot boxes and mystery boxes in video games a form of gambling or an e-commerce activity; and if he...
- Garda Procedures (7 speeches)
39. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if An Garda Síochána has a written policy regarding the use of section 12 of the Child Care Act 1991 in respect of...
- Garda Deployment (6 speeches)
40. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the number of Garda members in the Meath division. [4167/19]
- Visa Applications (7 speeches)
41. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if he is satisfied with the turnaround time for visa application decisions; and his plans to designate additional resources to...
- Northern Ireland (3 speeches)
42. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the progress to date in implementing new legislative measures arising from the Fresh Start agreement and Stormont House...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (60 speeches)
Thousands of patients are being impacted as we speak because of the nurses strike. In passing, I welcome the care that is continuing to be given to cancer patients and to patients on dialysis,...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (85 speeches, 2 comments)
In the context of the general scheme of the miscellaneous provisions (withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union on 29 March 2019) Bill 2019, I understand that the Taoiseach had a...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat The Cope Gallagher -...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (13 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he has spoken with the leader of the Democratic Unionist Party, DUP, about Brexit since December 2018; and if issues were discussed. [1714/19]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (18 speeches)
6. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee C (European Union including Brexit) last met. [2651/19]
- Departmental Operations (29 speeches)
10. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the international, European Union and Northern Ireland division of his Department. [2541/19]
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has completed its consideration of the Disability (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2016 and has made amendments thereto.
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Fishing Industry (4 speeches)
I am pleased the Minister, Deputy Creed, is in the Chamber because many of the issues I will be raising are technical and only he will fully understand them. There is serious concern in the...
- Hospital Services (4 speeches)
The programme for Government contains a commitment to "commence the design of a new ED in Beaumont later this year with a view to funding for the construction being provided as part of the 2017...
- Pensions Legislation (4 speeches)
The Government intends to pass legislation later this quarter to implement the institutions for occupational retirement provision, IORP II, directive. The Minister's counterpart in 2004,...
- Departmental Funding (12 speeches)
I take it that the Minister of State, Deputy O'Donovan, is here to reply to this matter. With the greatest respect, he will not necessarily be aware of the situation but this is the third...
- Juvenile Crime: Motion [Private Members] (29 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: notes that:- a review of the Garda Youth Diversion Office (GYDO) recently carried out by An Garda Síochána has identified serious failings within...
- National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) (57 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Local Government (Rates) Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Second Stage be taken now."
- Local Government (Rates) Bill 2018: Second Stage (37 speeches)
I move: “That the Bill be now read a Second Time”. How long do I have?
- Local Government (Rates) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149.