Wednesday, 16 January 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Abbey Theatre (17 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her plans to address concerns raised by more than 300 Irish artists about the Abbey Theatre; and if she will make a statement on...
- An Teanga Gaeilge (7 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht cén uair atá sé i gceist Bille nua na dTeangacha Oifigiúla a fhoilsiú; agus an ndéanfaidh sí...
- Hare Coursing Regulation (7 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht if her attention has been drawn to the very serious concerns of animal welfare groups in relation to the so-called coursing trials;...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Film Industry (7 speeches)
39. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her plans to increase the participation of women in projects funded by the Irish Film Board, IFB; and if she will make a statement...
- Legislative Reviews (7 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the reason no post-enactment reports have been carried out by her Department since 2011; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Heritage Promotion (7 speeches)
42. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the extent of specific events scheduled in 2019 to encapsulate and promote an even greater awareness of Irish culture and heritage...
- Gorse Burning (7 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht to outline the reason she opened a public consultation on draft regulations allowing burning in March of uncultivated land at 5.30...
- Heritage Promotion (14 speeches)
The question was submitted by Deputy Burke but permission has been given to Deputy Joe Carey to ask this question. I understand it may be grouped.
- National Orchestras (11 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht further to Parliamentary Question No. 101 of 2 October 2018, if she will report on the ongoing working group to undertake the...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (25 speeches)
Before we start Leaders' Questions, I point out to leaders the orders to the House set out the time allowed. Can people please adhere to the time allowed?
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (65 speeches)
I recently asked the Minister for Health when he had received advice from his officials on the impact of announcing a recheck of cervical smear tests, if he had held meetings with them at that...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (13 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee B, social policy and public services, last met. [51848/18]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (24 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the foreign visits he has undertaken or will undertake in the period from December 2018 to February 2019. [52850/18]
- Taoiseach's Communications (39 speeches)
17. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent telephone conversation with Prime Minister May. [53007/18]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Seán Crowe - to...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Foreign Policy (4 speeches)
Leyla Güven, an imprisoned MP for the pro-Kurdish HDP Party in Turkey, has been on hunger strike for the last 69 days. Leyla has been on hunger strike in a Turkish prison against her unjust...
- Housing Issues (6 speeches)
Is the Minister of State, Deputy McEntee, taking this matter?
- National Children's Hospital (16 speeches)
I raise the issue of the runaway bill for the new children's hospital and the impact that will have on other health projects. The original bill was €650 million but the Taoiseach said...
- International Conventions (4 speeches)
The sexual abuse and exploitation of children is one of the most serious and pernicious problems that any society faces. Unfortunately, with the development of the Internet, that problem is...
- Nurses and Midwives: Motion [Private Members] (49 speeches)
I wish to share my time.
- Ratification of EU and NATO Status of Forces Agreements: Referral to Select Committee (17 speeches)
I move:"That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of: (i) the Agreement between the Member States of the European Union concerning the status of military and civilian staff seconded to the...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (30 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is in the names of Deputies Clare Daly and Wallace. Amendments Nos. 1 and 2 are related and they will be discussed together.
- Personal Injuries Assessment Board (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Personal Injuries Assessment Board (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (12 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 8, to delete lines 13 to 29. As we discussed on Committee Stage just before Christmas, this Bill contains a number of welcome proposals, including provisions that...
- Health Service Executive (Governance) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (5 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Health Service Executive (Governance) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).
- National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018: Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: “That the Bill be now read a Second Time.” I am very pleased to introduce the National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018. This Bill will...