Wednesday, 11 July 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Brexit Issues (7 speeches)
61. To ask the Minister for Finance his assessment of the likely impact on the economy of a no-deal hard Brexit in March 2019; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31236/18]
- Housing Provision (10 speeches)
62. To ask the Minister for Finance his views on whether the shortage of housing supply and continued significant increases in residential property prices and rents represents a major domestic...
- Economic Competitiveness (7 speeches)
63. To ask the Minister for Finance the steps he plans to take to ensure Ireland protects its competitiveness and to mitigate the risk of overheating pressures in the economy; and if he will make...
- Tax Avoidance (7 speeches)
64. To ask the Minister for Finance his views on a recent study (details supplied) which has concluded that Ireland is the world's largest tax haven; the measures he will take to close tax...
- Budget Measures (9 speeches)
65. To ask the Minister for Finance his views on whether the priorities for budget 2019 are increased spending on public services and increases in basic social welfare payments as opposed to cuts...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Budget Contribution (7 speeches)
66. To ask the Minister for Finance the projected level of expenditure on Ireland's EU contribution in 2019 and 2020; the projections for this expenditure post-Brexit and during the next...
- Corporation Tax Regime (8 speeches)
67. To ask the Minister for Finance the work he is undertaking to review the system of corporate tax relief and expenditure in preparation for budget 2019; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Employment Investment Incentive Scheme (8 speeches)
68. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will address the delay in the approval of the employment and investment incentive scheme in view of the fact that it is hampering investment in the...
- Insurance Costs (11 speeches)
69. To ask the Minister for Finance if he is satisfied with the steps being taken to address problems in the insurance market being experienced by consumers; and if he will make a statement on...
- European Semester Process (14 speeches)
70. To ask the Minister for Finance the way in which he will respond to the country-specific recommendations from the EU Commission. [30961/18]
- Leaders' Questions (22 speeches)
I ask that all leaders have regard to the time allocated.
- Questions on Promised Legislation (81 speeches)
We have 30 minutes for this particular matter, with one minute for a question and one minute for the answer. If earlier questioners consume more than one minute or if an answer takes more than...
- Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Climate Change Reporting) Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2015 to expand the responsibilities of the Government's climate change...
- Assaults on Older Persons Bill 2018: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to revise the law relating to the main non-fatal offences against the person and to provide for connected matters. The aim of this...
- Dublin (North Inner City) Development Authority Bill 2018: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to make provision for the regeneration of the area of Dublin's north inner city and for that purpose to provide for the...
- Business of Dáil (3 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy Joe McHugh, has a business proposal to put to the House.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (1 speech)
Before we start the clock ticking on Taoiseach's Questions, clearly the current way of dealing with these questions is better than how we used to deal with them but it is still not satisfactory....
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (19 speeches, 1 comment)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with European Union, EU, Commission President, Mr. Jean-Claude Juncker during his visit to Dublin. [27494/18]
- Urban Renewal Schemes (19 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his Department’s work in respect of the Dublin inner city forum established on foot of the Dublin inner city task force report. [27495/18]
- European Council Meetings (38 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach the European Union leaders he spoke with prior to the June 2018 EU Council meeting. [27688/18]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Carol Nolan - to discuss...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Early Childhood Care and Education (4 speeches)
I wish to highlight the changes in the early childhood care and education scheme that are scheduled for introduction in September and issues and concerns that have been brought to my attention by...
- Flood Relief Schemes Status (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important matter for debate. Major flood events have taken place in Ennis over the years but particularly in 1989, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2004 and 2009....
- Local Area Plans (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue this afternoon. I thank the Minister of State, Deputy English, for attending to respond. I wish to raise with him two issues that relate to...
- Vaccine Damage Compensation Scheme (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter for discussion and I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health, Deputy Daly, to the House. This matter relates to issues...
- Implications of Brexit for Irish Ports: Motion [Private Members] (60 speeches)
I move:“That Dáil Éireann: recognises that:— there are huge gaps in Ireland’s transport infrastructure, particularly in the west and north west, which are actively...
- Visit of Maltese Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, on my own behalf and on behalf of the members of Dáil Éireann, I wish to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to Her...
- Implications of Brexit for Irish Ports: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (23 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Robert Troy on Wednesday, 11 July 2018:
- Business of Dáil (3 speeches)
I understand the Chief Whip, Deputy McHugh, has a proposal to put to the House.
- Health (General Practitioner Service) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (44 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It is my great pleasure to introduce the Bill. I was pleased last December when the Government announced that eligibility for a GP service...
- Children and Family Relationships (Amendment) Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Second Stage be taken now."
- Children and Family Relationships Bill 2018: Second Stage (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Legislatively, this is a straightforward but very important Bill. Its purpose is to correct a typographical and technical error in the...
- Children and Family Relationships (Amendment) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (20 speeches)
Sections 1 to 4, inclusive, agreed to.
- Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) (64 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 3: - (Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection)
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Heritage Bill 2016 without amendment.