Thursday, 5 July 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach Gníomhach (Deputy Eugene Murphy) i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (1 speech)
I remind the House that there are six and a half minutes for each question - 30 seconds to put the question, two minutes for the ministerial reply, one minute for on supplementary question, one...
- UN Conventions (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality when Ireland will ratify the optional protocol to the convention against torture which was signed up to on 2 October 2007; and if...
- Direct Provision System (10 speeches)
2. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if he will address the adoption of the Reception Conditions Directive and further issues in the direct provision system. [29923/18]
- Sexual Offences Data (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if he will address the fact that Central Statistics Office figures show an increase in sexual offences of almost 15% in 2017; and...
- Sentencing Policy (11 speeches)
4. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if longer sentences and stiffer penalties for criminals who break into homes of elderly persons will be introduced; and if he...
- Proposed Legislation (8 speeches)
5. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if hate crime legislation will be introduced; the steps he is taking to improve the recording of such crimes; and if he will make...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Asylum Seeker Employment (8 speeches)
6. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the rationale for refusing asylum seekers access to jobs in the public service; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Garda Resources (7 speeches)
8. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the engagement he has had with the Garda Commissioner on the funding and provision of additional resources for An Garda...
- Commission on the Future of Policing Reports (13 speeches)
11. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality when he expects the Commission on the Future of Policing to finalise its final report; if he has received an interim report to...
- Garda Deployment (9 speeches)
10. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if he is satisfied with Garda resources in County Meath. [28904/18]
- Stardust Fire (8 speeches)
12. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality his views on the call for a new inquest into the deaths of 48 persons in the Stardust fire on 14 February 1981; his further...
- Garda Deployment (3 speeches)
14. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the number of community gardaí in the Dublin metropolitan region, DMR, west division in each of the past ten years; and if...
- Visit of French Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with the business of the House, I wish to note a large group viewing proceedings from the Public Gallery. On my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil...
- Leaders' Questions (47 speeches)
Bienvenue to our visitors. I wish them a pleasant stay. It is now ten weeks since the lid was lifted on the appalling collapse in standards at CervicalCheck and the failure to communicate that...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (42 speeches)
A total of 25 Deputies are offering. We have 15 minutes. These are supposed to be questions on promised legislation, not discussions or debates.
- Special Committee on Climate Action: Appointment of Members (1 speech)
I propose for the information of the House to make an announcement on the appointment of members to the Special Committee on Climate Action. Accordingly, I announce the names of the Members...
- Local Government (Restoration of Town Councils) Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to restore town councils for the purposes of local government, and to provide for related matters. The town council tier of local...
- Pathway to Redress for Victims of Convicted Child Sexual Abusers: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Willie O'Dea on Wednesday, 4 July 2018:
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Timmy Dooley - the need...
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (3 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 41, after line 9, to insert the following: "PART 5 DIGITAL LEGAL DEPOSIT SCHEMEDigital legal deposit scheme 106. Within twelve months of the enactment of this...
- Intoxicating Liquor (Breweries and Distilleries) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (110 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1. -(Deputy Mick Wallace)
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Second Stage (10 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to present to the House the Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018. It is a significant Bill which provides for the...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Rural Transport Services Provision (4 speeches)
As Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Ross will be well aware of the very significant need to address the lack of public transport throughout the country in recent years....
- Mental Health Services Provision (7 speeches)
Deputy Eugene Murphy will be sharing time with Deputy Mary Butler. Is that agreed? Agreed.
- Emergency Departments Services (4 speeches)
On Tuesday, between 12.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m., nurses in the accident and emergency department in Tralee University Hospital found it necessary to protest against conditions patients in the...
- Community Banking (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue, namely, the necessity of developing a model or system to provide a local banking system in Ireland. I am glad to see...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the National Archives (Amendment) Bill 2017, without amendment.
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) (50 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2016: From the Seanad (122 speeches, 1 comment)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Business of Dáil (24 speeches)
Before proceeding with the Bill, I understand the Chief Whip has a business proposal to put to us in respect of tomorrow.