Thursday, 8 February 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Acting Chairman (Deputy Eugene Murphy) i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (5 speeches)
The first question is in the name of Deputy Billy Kelleher. The Deputy has 30 seconds to introduce it.
- HSE Funding (25 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Health to outline his views on whether the HSE will be within budget in 2018; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6586/18]
- Eating Disorders (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Health if he is satisfied with the level of mental health supports in place for persons with eating disorders; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6587/18]
- Hospital Services (8 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Health the specific services that will be provided under the new schedule with particular reference to the day hospital, diagnostics, community care and minor injuries...
- National Maternity Hospital (11 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Health the details of the draft framework agreement on the future ownership of the new national maternity hospital; if the new hospital will remain in public ownership;...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Industrial Disputes (12 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Health if funds will be made available by his Department to help resolve the dispute involving section 39 workers in the health care sector whose historic link to their...
- Hospital Waiting Lists Action Plans (8 speeches)
The Office of the Ceann Comhairle has received written correspondence from Deputy Niall Collins, who tabled Question No. 7, requesting that the House agree to allow Deputy Billy Kelleher to take...
- Suicide Prevention (9 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to increase resources for suicide prevention services in County Wexford in view of the number of recent suicides in the county and the county's high...
- Freedom of Information (10 speeches)
10. To ask the Minister for Health the status of the work being carried out at Beaumont Hospital in respect of publishing a freedom of information disclosure log, as per the Freedom of...
- Home Care Packages Provision (14 speeches)
11. To ask the Minister for Health his views on the difficulties in accessing home care packages in Dublin city and county in which the HSE is only providing palliative care in view of the fact...
- General Practitioner Services Provision (11 speeches)
12. To ask the Minister for Health if funding will be allocated for the delivery of a general practitioner out-of-hours service for north County Wicklow in the HSE service plan; and if he will...
- Hospital Waiting Lists (5 speeches)
13. To ask the Minister for Health the reason the HSE has discontinued waiting list targets set in 2017; the number of persons who will be affected; the number of complex cases still waiting for...
- Home Care Packages Administration (6 speeches)
14. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to change the criteria for the home support scheme in view of the fact that those persons that have been approved for home help often remain on a...
- Leaders' Questions (47 speeches)
I raise with the Tánaiste the issue of the national planning framework and the finalisation of the current draft as a completed document. It is an exceptionally important framework which...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (49 speeches)
I remind Members that 15 minutes are allocated for questions on promised legislation.
- National Broadband Plan: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (2 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Timmy Dooley on Tuesday, 6 February 2018:
- Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Amendment) (Climate Emergency Measures) Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division relating to Second Stage of the Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Amendment) (Climate Emergency Measures) Bill 2018 which was taken on Wednesday,...
- Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Amendment) (Climate Emergency Measures) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Deering -...
- Public Health (Alcohol) Bill 2015 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (38 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Garda Deployment (39 speeches)
It is a pity the Minister for Justice and Equality is not here. We want to highlight the decline in the number of front-line gardaí in Dublin, particularly over the past year or so. The...
- Garda Vetting (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this issue. I recognise the fact considerable progress has been made on the Garda vetting issue in recent years and I recall raising a similar...
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (8 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time". With the Acting Chairman, Deputy Lahart's, permission, I will share time with Deputy Catherine Murphy. I am delighted to have the...
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.