Wednesday, 18 October 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Water Services Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) (9 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time".
- Legal Metrology (Measuring Instruments) Bill 2017: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Legal Metrology (Measuring Instruments) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (1 speech)
Bill reported without amendment and received for final consideration.
- Criminal Justice (Victims of Crime) Bill 2016: From the Seanad (18 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Leaders' Questions (70 speeches)
I gave a commitment yesterday and took a list of names of Deputies who did not get an opportunity to speak because of the vote. I will be calling anyone on the list first.
- Questions on Promised Legislation (95 speeches)
We have 30 minutes for questions on promised legislation. I ask Members to consider their colleagues, not me, because the time will be up in 30 minutes. We have a long list of speakers from...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Communications (20 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his Department's plans to conduct market research. [41633/17]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (18 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet Committee A (Economy) last met. [41642/17]
- EU Summits (13 speeches)
11. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the EU digital summit in Tallinn, Estonia, on 29 September 2017. [41635/17]
- Pre-European Council: Statements (24 speeches)
A Cheann Comhairle, tá áthas orm labhairt libh inniu roimh Chomhairle na hEorpa an Deireadh Fómhair, a thionólfar sa Bhruiséil ar an Déardaoin agus ar an Aoine seo...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Michael McGrath and...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Air Corps (13 speeches)
28. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the action he plans to take on foot of the recent review (details supplied) of Air Corps whistleblower claims; and if he will make a statement on...
- Defence Forces Investigations (14 speeches)
29. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if a commission of investigation into serious allegations of an ineffective or non-existent health and safety regime in the Air Corps will be...
- Defence Forces Representative Organisations (25 speeches)
30. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence how he plans to address the concerns regarding working conditions in the Defence Forces raised at the recent PDFORRA conference; and if he will...
- Defence Forces Strength (9 speeches)
31. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans to address the chronic staff shortages in the Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44188/17]
- EU Bodies (7 speeches)
32. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he has satisfied himself that all correct procedures were followed prior to the nomination of a person (details supplied) for election to the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Operations (14 speeches)
33. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the involvement of members of the Defence Forces, including members of the Naval Service, in the training of the Libyan coast guard in...
- Defence Forces Personnel (7 speeches)
35. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he has considered the reintroduction of the fixed period promotion and service commitment scheme which were successful initiatives up to their...
- Defence Forces Representative Organisations (7 speeches)
36. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans on aligning the Defence Forces industrial relations with that of the initial findings of the Garda Síochána working group...
- Military Neutrality (14 speeches)
37. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his views regarding the nomination of a person (details supplied) as chair of the European Union military committee, in particular the way in...
- Personal Explanation by Member (1 speech)
When I made a statement during a debate on mental health, I spoke about a young man, Ben Garrett, and my facts were incorrect. Ben died tragically by drowning, and I am deeply sorry for any hurt...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Garda Resources (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for taking this topical issue on the need for additional Garda resources for County Meath. To cut to the chase, I very much appreciate that the Minister is dealing with the...
- Garda Deployment (5 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important issue and I thank the Minister, Deputy Charles Flanagan, for his presence. The issues I raise will not be news to him as I know he...
- Flood Risk Management (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kyne, to the House. Deputy Calleary, you are going to discuss an issue that is close to my heart, that is, the need to address river cleaning and drainage...
- Coastal Protection (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Seán Kyne, for taking this question. Unfortunately, it is not the Minister of State, Deputy Kevin "Boxer" Moran. Arklow, like a number of towns in...
- Correcting Pension Inequities: Motion [Private Members] (129 speeches)
I want to allocate the last five minutes of my time to Deputy Fiona O'Loughlin.