Wednesday, 27 January 2016
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission (9 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality when she will review the powers of the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [3202/16]
- Garda Inspectorate Reports (9 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality her views on the commentary in the Garda Síochána Inspectorate's report, Changing Policing in Ireland, that there has been a repeated...
- Surveillance Operations (11 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality if the legislation regulating State surveillance measures, such as data retention, interception of communications and the use of surveillance and...
- Garda Inspectorate Reports (7 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the action she will take further to the recent Garda Síochána Inspectorate's report on policing; and if she will make a statement on the...
- White Collar Crime (7 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality to strengthen the performance of the criminal justice system in tackling white collar crime. [3044/16]
- Other Questions (1 speech)
Deputy McNamara is not present to ask Question No. 6.
- Criminal Law Review (10 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality to review the Interception of Postal Packages and Telecommunications Messages Act 1993 and the Criminal Justice (Surveillance) Act 2009 to protect...
- Sexual Offences Data (6 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality her response to the year-on-year increase in sexual offences; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [3020/16]
- Refugee Numbers (7 speeches)
11. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality her views on the European Union-wide settlement programme for 160,000 refugees only delivering for 0.17%; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Technological Universities Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) (16 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 11: (Deputy Jonathan O'Brien).
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Dan Neville — a...
- Leaders' Questions (69 speeches)
I was reading again the programme for Government in respect of health, which I have described as one of the great works of political fiction. Let me read the key passage:This Government will...
- Order of Business (160 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the association agreement between the EU and its member states and Central America, back from...
- Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill 2016: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the protection of journalists' sources. This Bill, which was drafted by the Fianna Fáil party and submitted in...
- Health Disclosure Bill 2016: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for a procedure to facilitate the disclosure of a patient safety incident; and to provide for related matters. As we...
- EU Association Agreement with Central America: Motion (1 speech)
I move:"That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Association Agreement between the European Union and its Member States, on the one hand, and Central America on the other, signed at...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Common Fisheries Policy (4 speeches)
I spoke to the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Deputy Coveney, and he explained that he could not be here to take the Topical Issue, due to the change in the Dáil schedule....
- Joint Committee of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis: Motion (3 speeches)
In accordance with an order of the Dáil of 17 December last, I must interrupt proceedings and call on the Minister of State at the Department of the Taoiseach, Deputy Kehoe, to move a motion...
- Topical Issue Debate (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Suicide Bereavement Support (6 speeches)
I am pleased to have an opportunity to raise this issue. I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Kathleen Lynch, for her attendance and her record in contributing to mental health awareness and...
- Mental Health Services Provision (7 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue and I thank the Minister for coming to the House to respond. Before I start, I wish to pay tribute to Deputy Neville and to his distinguished...
- Seirbhísí Farantóireachta (22 speeches)
I will be giving the reply in English.
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Report Stage (158 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 2, 65, 76 and 77 are related and may be discussed together. Recommittal is necessary in respect of amendment No. 1 and the related amendments as they relate to the instruction...
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Fifth Stage (3 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill do now pass."
- Medical Practitioners (Amendment) Bill 2014 [Seanad]: Second Stage (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am very pleased to have the opportunity to address the House on Second Stage of the Medical Practitioners (Amendment) Bill, as passed by...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Public Transport Bill 2015, without amendment.
- Social Housing: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (35 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Barry Cowen on Tuesday, 26 January 2016:
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Horse Racing Ireland Bill 2015, without amendment.