Tuesday, 26 January 2016
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Army Barracks Closures (16 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Defence the status of the disposal of lands at Magee Barracks in County Kildare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3005/16]
- Naval Service Operations (7 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Defence if he will send a naval vessel to the Mediterranean to replace the LE Samuel Beckett, which returned home on 17 December 2015. [2950/16]
- Overseas Missions (16 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Defence if he will review the deployment of Irish troops to the Golan Heights, given that Israel has indicated that it intends to claim oil found in the Golan Heights...
- Departmental Projects (7 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Defence the status of the development of a new institute for peace support and leadership training at the Curragh in County Kildare. [3006/16]
- Defence Forces Medicinal Products (18 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Defence further to Parliamentary Question No. 69 of 24 November 2015, if he is concerned that Lariam is a third-line drug for the US military in sub-Saharan Africa and...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Army Barracks Closures (22 speeches)
53. To ask the Minister for Defence the concrete steps he has taken to secure an alternative use for Columb Barracks in Mullingar in County Westmeath; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Defence Forces Deployment (11 speeches)
54. To ask the Minister for Defence the precise role the Defence Forces played in supporting civil society groups as they responded to the recent floods which devastated many homes and...
- Defence Forces Medicinal Products (5 speeches)
55. To ask the Minister for Defence if he is aware of the ongoing British inquiry into the prescribing of Lariam by the British Ministry of Defence to its military personnel; if he is further...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Billy Timmins -...
- Leaders' Questions (67 speeches)
Our health service is under enormous pressure. Health care staff, nurses and doctors are literally at the end of their tether trying to keep things together and patients are suffering....
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (80 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the European Union leaders' summit in Brussels in Belgium in mid-October 2015; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42208/15]
- Order of Business (132 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the National Cultural Institutions Act 1997 (section 44) (Variation of...
- National Cultural Institutions Act 1997 (Section 44) (Variation of Indemnity Amount) Order 2016: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft:National Cultural Institutions Act 1997 (section 44) (Variation of Indemnity Amount) Order 2016,copies...
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012: Instruction to Committee (1 speech)
I move:That, pursuant to Standing Order 131(2), it be an instruction to the Committee to which the Spent Convictions Bill 2012 may be recommitted in respect of certain amendments, that it has...
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move:That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the amendment of the Garda Síochána Act 2005 (No. 20 of 2005), in the manner and to the extent specified in...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Airport Development Projects (5 speeches)
I am raising the application that is being made to the European Commission for up to 90% funding for capital works at Ireland West Airport Knock. I want to know whether a special case has been...
- Traffic Management (10 speeches)
Topical Issue No. 2 is on weight restrictions at Kennelsfort Road in Clondalkin in Dublin 22. Deputy Robert Dowds will speak for four minutes.
- Farm Assist Scheme Eligibility (4 speeches)
At the outset, I join the Minister of State, Deputy Sherlock, in wishing Deputy Dowds well in his retirement. I was honoured to serve with him on the Joint Committee on Education and Social...
- Property Tax Rate (4 speeches)
After much campaigning on the plight of the residents of Longboat Quay, it was thought that they had at least achieved some respite when the Revenue Commissioners wrote to them accepting...
- Technological Universities Bill 2015: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Technological Universities Bill 2015: Report Stage (42 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 arises out of committee proceedings. Amendments Nos. 1, 2, and 4 to 6, inclusive, are related and will be discussed together.
- Social Housing: Motion [Private Members] (79 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann:notes that there are over 1,600 children and up to 780 families in emergency accommodation; accepts that families and children being placed in hotel rooms...