Wednesday, 2 December 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Preschool Services (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs why there has been a delay in the publication of inspection and quality regulations for preschools; when these will be published; and if all...
- Early Childhood Care Education (7 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs how he will ensure that preschool places are made available for children who have turned three years of age and whose parents are seeking to...
- Rights of the Child (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the child-related issues he will address prior to the examination on 14 January 2016 by the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the...
- Preschool Services (23 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the reviews he has taken of the capacity and sustainability of the preschool and early education sector to provide for the extension of the...
- Child Poverty (6 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if he is undertaking work with the Department of Social Protection and other relevant Departments to address the unacceptably high rate of...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Child and Family Agency Funding (7 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if, in the context of the €676 million in funding for Tusla, the Child and Family Agency, for 2016, which is a welcome and significant...
- Child and Family Agency Services (8 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the supports Tusla has in place for children and parents living in emergency accommodation; if specific supports are needed given the...
- Adoption Legislation (7 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if he will reconsider the one year lead-in time included in the heads of Adoption (Information and Tracing) Bill, given that further delay...
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2012: From the Seanad (Resumed) (31 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to resume consideration of Seanad amendment No. 47:
- Leaders' Questions (183 speeches)
Last Wednesday evening I visited University Hospital Galway where I was briefed comprehensively by representatives of the Saolta group and authorities in the hospital on the enormous challenges...
- Order of Business (39 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2012 - amendments from the Seanad (resumed); No. 34, Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2015 - Order for Report, Report...
- Electoral (Amendment) (Registration of Political Parties and Groups) Bill 2015: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the extension of registration of political parties to political groups, to amend the Electoral Acts 1992 to 2013...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Frank Feighan - the need...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- NAMA Portfolio (4 speeches)
I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for facilitating this debate. I have raised the issue of the stalled development at Naas town centre in the House on a number of occasions in various...
- Hospital Waiting Lists (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Health for joining us. Many issues come in to us in our constituency offices that are pertinent to society, yet very few have come across my desk recently that are as...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes Funding (4 speeches)
A recently published report by the EPA has shone a light on the need to continually upgrade our sewerage treatment facilities. While 82% of the large areas achieved the mandatory EU quality...
- Tourism Project Funding (17 speeches)
It is timely that this Topical Issue matter on the development of tourism facilities at Malin Head is selected for discussion today because on Monday night there was a gathering of tourism and...
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2012: From the Seanad (Resumed) (7 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to resume consideration of Seanad amendment No. 51:
- Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2015: Report and Final Stages (9 speeches)
Bill received for final consideration.
- Harbours Bill 2015: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now".
- Harbours Bill 2015: Report and Final Stages (148 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 5 to 13 inclusive, 15 to 19 inclusive, and 27 are related and will be discussed together.
- Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality has completed its consideration of the Criminal Justice (Burglary of Dwellings) Bill 2015 and has made no amendment thereto.
- Estimates for Public Services 2015: Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Sub-Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Equality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2013 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (84 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Rent Certainty and Prevention of Homelessness Bill 2015: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (30 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."