Tuesday, 24 September 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Common Agricultural Policy Reform (8 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the position regarding Common Agricultural Policy reform; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39744/13]
- Stocking Densities (6 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his views on whether the statistics on stocking density do not support the claim that higher rates of single farm payment reflect much...
- Common Agricultural Policy Negotiations (10 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine in view of the conclusion of the recent Common Agricultural Policy negotiations, if he will confirm if Ireland will retain its current...
- Agriculture Schemes Administration (17 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the reason farmers were written to in recent months informing then that they had an over claim of hectares for the last number of...
- Agri-Environment Options Scheme Reopening (6 speeches)
53. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the scheme with which he intends to replace REP scheme 4. [39671/13]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Live Exports (15 speeches)
54. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the steps he is taking to support a live cattle trade; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39442/13]
- Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Applications (4 speeches)
55. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the number of applications received under the disadvantaged areas scheme in 2013; the number of applications that have been examined...
- Fishing Industry Development (23 speeches)
56. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if he will provide the details of any instruction or discussions he has had with Bord Iascaigh Mhara in relation to its strategic...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Healy-Rae - the...
- Leaders' Questions (33 speeches)
People throughout the country are receiving letters notifying them of a review of their medical card eligibility and entitlements. In many cases, medical cards are being taken away from people,...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Seanad Referendum (90 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if officials from his Department are working on the Seanad referendum campaign and if so the number of same; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39047/13]
- Northern Ireland Issues (47 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if he has discussed with the British Prime Minister this summer's Northern Ireland stimulus package as announced by the British Government; if the Irish Government will...
- Order of Business (30 speeches)
It is proposed to take No.14, motion re membership of committee, and No. 22, statements of appreciation in respect of the life and work of Seamus Heaney. It is proposed, notwithstanding...
- Electoral (Amendment) (Hours of Polling) Bill 2013: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to set voting hours for Dáil Elections, Dáil Bye-Elections, Presidential Elections, European Parliament Elections, Local...
- Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Deputy Peadar Tóibín be discharged from the Select Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation and that Deputy Jonathan O'Brien be appointed in substitution for him.
- An Appreciation of the Life and Work of Seamus Heaney: Statements (22 speeches)
I welcome to the Distinguished Visitors Gallery members of the late Seamus Heaney's family. You are very welcome and it is a great honour to have you here.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Teacher Training Provision (4 speeches)
The Minister knows the importance of this issue for so many young people who have decided to make their career in the noble profession of teaching. When I became a primary school teacher 13...
- Haddington Road Agreement Issues (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming before the House to deal with this matter. As he is aware, the Association of Secondary Teachers in Ireland, ASTI, voted to reject the Haddington Road agreement....
- Postal Services (4 speeches)
I will give a bit of background to this issue. There was a public meeting in Greencastle about the fears of the community in regard to the closure of Greencastle post office. This has generated...
- Alternative Energy Projects (13 speeches, 1 comment)
Are Deputies Stanley and Colreavy sharing their time?
- Private Members' Business - Cuts in Education: Motion [Private Members] (37 speeches)
We will move to Private Members' Business, motion re education. I call on Deputy Jonathan O'Brien to move the motion. There are 40 minutes in this speaking slot.