Wednesday, 10 July 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (32 speeches)
The failure of a large number of defined-benefit pension schemes, involving an estimated 30,000 workers, to submit recovery plans to the regulator before 30 June confirms, if we needed it, the...
- Order of Business (73 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 19, Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013 - Order for Report Stage and Report and Final Stages; and No. 20, Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2012...
- Child Care (Amendment) (No. 3) Bill 2013: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Child Care Act 1991 (as amended) so as to enable any person to apply to the court seeking an order or direction in...
- Business of Dáil (1 speech)
I move: "That the sitting be suspended from 11.30 a.m. until 11.50 a.m."
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Report Stage (91 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 2, 4, 5, 18, 33, 36, 48, 60 and 109 are related and will be discussed together. I call Deputy Boyd Barrett.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Jim Daly - the need for...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Export Growth (6 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his views on the likely impact of the recent fall in exports on employment levels in the State; how exporting firms can be assisted in...
- Youth Unemployment Measures (8 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the achievements made by his Department in increasing the number of young persons in employment. [33596/13]
- Innovation Union Scoreboard (15 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation if, in view of Ireland's ranking as an innovation follower by the EU Innovation Union Scoreboard, he has identified the State's...
- Entrepreneurship Forum (8 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the remit of the recently established Entrepreneurship Forum; the reason he has not sought a better gender balance on the forum; and if...
- Enterprise Support Services Provision (21 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the impact departmental policies are having on encouraging enterprises and creating employment in the current recession. [33597/13]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- IDA Supports (9 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation if Industrial Development Agency Ireland will be restricted in its ability to provide grant support for job creation to major companies...
- Illegal Immigrants (14 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his plans to amend the Employment Permits Act 2003 to provide recourse for undocumented foreign workers who have little recourse in...
- Enterprise Support Schemes (18 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation if consideration has been given to focusing additional supports in his Department on indigenous business through additional supports to...
- Youth Enterprise Initiatives (13 speeches)
10. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the current supports provided by his Department to Irish residents under 25 years of age to start their own businesses; if he will be...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Lourdes Hospital Redress Scheme Extension (5 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to speak on this important matter and to share time with my colleague, Deputy Hannigan. Our colleague Deputy Gerald Nash, who is unable to speak this afternoon,...
- Public Transport Fares (4 speeches)
I very much thank and welcome the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport to the Chamber to address this Topical Issue on the anomaly faced by Greystones DART commuters with regard to the...
- Local Authority Finances (5 speeches)
This is a simple matter that arises from a scenario whereby, through good management and prudent administration, Leixlip Town Council has achieved savings over the past number of years. We all...
- Schools Amalgamation (4 speeches)
The very important amalgamation of the two primary schools in Kanturk has been a long-running issue. Much work has been done in the past three or four years under the stewardship of Canon Jackie...
- Estimates for Public Services 2013: Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select sub-Committee on Health has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for public services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2013: Vote 38 - Department...
- Business of Dáil (3 speeches)
I call on the Chief Whip, Deputy Paul Kehoe, Minister of State at the Department of the Taoiseach, to present a proposal.
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Report Stage (Resumed) (87 speeches)
I move amendment No. 2: In page 5, line 5, after "pregnancy;" to insert "to make provision for lawful abortion where there is a risk to maternal life;"
- Mortgage Arrears Proposals: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (38 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Michael McGrath on Tuesday, 9 July 2013:“That Dáil Éireann: notes:-- the latest mortgage arrears statistics published by the Central...
- Estimates for Public Services 2013: Message from Select Sub-Committee (1 speech)
The Select Sub-Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for public services for the year ending 31 July 2013 - Vote 29.
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Report Stage (Resumed) (7 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 8:In page 5, lines 26 and 27, to delete "section 9 certification".- (Deputy Peadar Tóibín)
- Business of Dáil (20 speeches)
It is proposed that, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, or the Order of the Dáil today, the Dáil shall sit later than midnight and shall adjourn no later than 5 a.m.
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Report Stage (Resumed) (160 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 8: In page 5, lines 26 and 27, to delete "section 9 certification".(Deputy Peadar Tóibín)
- Business of Dáil: Motion (13 speeches)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders and the order of the Dáil of Wednesday, Report Stage of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013 shall, if not previously...
- Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013: Report Stage (Resumed) (3 speeches)
I move amendment No. 11:In page 6, between lines 4 and 5, to insert the following:“ “inevitable miscarriage” means the inevitable failure of pregnancy and death of a foetus,...