Thursday, 4 July 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (31 speeches)
I want to raise with the Tánaiste some comments by the outgoing Financial Regulator which I believe have not got the attention they deserve so far. During a recent appearance before the...
- Order of Business (104 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a1, Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Bill 2011 - amendments from the Seanad; and No. 1, Health (Amendment) Bill 2013 [Seanad] - Second Stage, to adjourn at 5...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Sub-Committee on Health has completed its consideration of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013, and has made amendments thereto.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Patrick Nulty - the need...
- Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Bill 2011: Amendments from the Seanad (17 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2013 [Seanad]: Second Stage (34 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It is my pleasure today to introduce the Second Stage of the Health (Amendment) Bill 2013 to the Dáil. The Bill amends both the Nursing...
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2013: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Sub-Committee on Health pursuant to Standing Orders 82A(3)(a) and (6)(a) and 126(1) of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Medical Card Eligibility (4 speeches)
I am grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for selecting for discussion the issue of discretionary medical cards. This important issue has surfaced during Leaders' Questions and in the Topical Issue...
- School Curriculum (4 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important matter today. Much has been made of the plans to scrap the junior certificate. Instinctively, people are inclined to support reform,...
- Disposal of Hazardous Waste (6 speeches)
I assume Minister of State at the Department of Education and Science is taking this issue. Is that the case?
- Smarter Transport (4 speeches)
At the outset, I congratulate the Minister of State on the Dáil dojo he hosted yesterday in the AV room. I know Bill Liao and James Whelton myself and the work they are doing with this,...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Child Care Services Inspections (8 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her plans to improve the regulation and inspection of child care facilities; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [32680/13]
- Child Care Services Regulation (8 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the steps she has taken to address the disturbing lack of management standards and the clear breaches of regulations exposed in the recent...
- Missing Children (6 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs with the launch of the new 116000 number, the number of calls that have been received to date; the amount spent on advertising the line;...
- Child Protection Issues (8 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs when she expects to publish the Children First legislation; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [32681/13]
- Child Detention Centres (24 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in view of the 2012 annual report of the Ombudsman for Children, the current capacity, work and accommodation conditions at Trinity House,...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Youth Services Funding (7 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if she will provide a cumulative figure for cuts to City of Dublin Youth Services Board since 2008; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Ombudsman for Children Reports (11 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her views on the Ombudsman for Children's annual report for 2012. [32596/13]
- Child Care Services Provision (10 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the way she proposes to improve the quality and qualifications of the workforce in child care facilities with specific emphasis where...