Wednesday, 25 April 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (107 speeches)
It is accepted by many members of the Government that the handling of the water meters project has been diabolical and a shambles. The Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Varadkar,...
- Order of Business (77 speeches)
It is proposed to take No.16, Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2012, Order for Committee, Committee and Remaining Stages. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that the...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2012: Order for Committee Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Committee Stage be taken now." Question put and declared carried.
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2012: Committee Stage (60 speeches)
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Colreavy - the...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Thirtieth Amendment of the Constitution (Treaty on Stability, Coordination and Governance in the Economic and Monetary Union) Bill 2012, without amendment.
- Priority Questions (1 speech)
With the agreement of the House, we will commence with Question No. 3 as Deputy Fleming is not yet here.
- Social Welfare Benefits (11 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Social Protection in relation to applications for disability allowance if she will clarify when an application has been assessed by the appointed medical...
- Community Employment Schemes (7 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will outline the findings of the reviews she commissioned in relation to community employment schemes; the schemes that have been...
- Job Creation (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the progress made in developing the Pathways to Work plan; if private contractors will be used; if any personnel training, personnel...
- Child Care Services (9 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will outline the conditions that would constitute enough childcare support and after school care in order that one parent payments...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Social Welfare Fraud (10 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Social Protection her plans for control savings this year; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [20561/12]
- Social Welfare Code (10 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Social Protection her response to the all-party Oireachtas committee report on the single working age payments recommendation that carer's should not be...
- Social Welfare Appeals (6 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the waiting times for appeals in her Department; the measures she has taken to address this issue; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Social Welfare Benefits (6 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the changes that have been implemented in the eligibility for disability allowance; if additional tests are being undertaken by her...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Social Welfare Benefits (12 speeches)
I take it the Minister is taking the first item on carer's allowance?
- Television Reception (4 speeches)
I acknowledge the presence in the Chamber of the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Deputy Rabbitte, to hear this presentation. The analogue television system is changing...
- Flood Relief (4 speeches)
I appreciate the attendance of the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Hayes, in the Chamber. I want to bring to the attention of the Minister of State the level of panic heavy weather warnings bring...
- Workplace Deaths (6 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Dessie Ellis. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter. The Ceann Comhairle may not be aware that next Saturday, 28 April, is workers' memorial...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2012: Committee Stage (Resumed) (141 speeches)
- Estimates for Public Services 2012: Message from Select Sub-Committee (1 speech)
The Select Sub-committee on Finance has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for public services for the year ending 31 December 2012: Votes 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Private Members' Business. Motorist Emergency Relief Bill 2012: Second Stage (Resumed) (65 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2012: Committee Stage (Resumed) (31 speeches)