Wednesday, 22 June 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (55 speeches)
Last night the Short Strand area of Belfast saw its second night of serious disturbances. While it has been a flashpoint for decades, both the scale and nature of the violence are extremely...
- Order of Business (106 speeches)
Today's Order of Business is No. 15, motion re presentation and circulation of Revised Estimates 2011; No. 18, statements on pre-European Council meeting on 23 and 24 June; and No. 6, Finance...
- An Bille um an Naoú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Uimh. 3) 2011: An Chéad Chéim (0 speeches)
- Twenty-Ninth Amendment of the Constitution (No. 3) Bill 2011: First Stage (5 speeches)
Tairgim: Go gceadófar go dtabharfar isteach Bille dá ngairtear Acht chun an Bunreacht a leasú. I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Constitution.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Summits (20 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he has spoken directly to the French President Nicolas Sarkozy since he came to office; and whether they have discussed the issue of the EU/IMF Bailout. ...
- Constitutional Amendments (15 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if he will outline consultations which he has held with political parties and non-governmental organisations regarding proposals for Constitutional amendments....
- National Partnership Agreement (13 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach if he will detail efforts undertaken in his Department in relation to implementing the Croke Park agreement's terms in its operations. [16288/11]
- Estimates for Public Services 2011: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding Standing Order 159(1) or (2) of the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business, Revised Estimates for the Public Services for the year ending 31st...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (16 speeches)
This week's meeting of the European Council will be particularly busy. There are a significant number of issues on the agenda which are of importance for both Europe and Ireland. The Council...
- Finance (No. 3) Bill 2011: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997, the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999, the Capital Acquisitions Tax Consolidation Act 2003 and the Value-Added Tax...
- Finance (No. 3) Bill 2011: Second Stage (4 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The purpose of this Finance Bill is to provide for the necessary changes to the existing tax legislation as a consequence of the enactment of...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Arts Funding (4 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht his plans regarding the Irish National Opera Company in view of the company's recent collapse. [16749/11]
- Údarás na Gaeltachta (19 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the an Aire Ealaíon; Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta nach nglacann an tAire leis nach bhfuil sé daonlathach deireadh a chuir leis an toghchán chun baill a thoghadh chuig Bord...
- National Archives (7 speeches)
Question 14: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht if he will set up a central genealogy service to capitalise on the recent visit by President Obama in view of the fact that...
- Irish Language (4 speeches)
Question 16: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht if he will examine the possibility of twining small villages and towns in the Gaeltacht areas with villages and towns of...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Arts Review (10 speeches)
Question 17: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht his plans to implement the recommendations of the National Economic and Social Forum report into the Arts, Cultural...
- Tax Code (6 speeches)
Question 18: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht the steps he will take to ensure arts and cultural venues such as cinemas, theatres and museums pass on savings to...
- Departmental Staff (8 speeches)
Question 19: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht the impact of the Employment Control Framework on arts and cultural institutions. [16608/11]
- Comhoibriú Trasteorann (7 speeches)
Question 20: To ask the an Aire Ealaíon; Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta i bhfianaise feidhmeannas nua a bheith ceaptha sna sé chontae agus Aire nua sa Roinn Cultúir, Ealaíon agus Fóillíochta...
- Turbary Rights (9 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht if he will confirm if any raised bog obtained or will obtain Favourable Conservation Status under the EU Habitats Directive...
- Irish Language (16 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for Arts; Heritage and the Gaeltacht the different methods he will employ from his predecessors in order to revive the Irish language. [13095/11]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael McCarthy - the...
- Finance (No. 3) Bill 2011: Second Stage (Resumed) (31 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Finance (No. 3) Bill 2011: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform pursuant to Standing Order 82A(3)(a) and (6)(a).
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Workers' Remuneration: Motion (Resumed) (40 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Clare Daly on Tuesday, 21 June 2011:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Special Educational Needs (5 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Mick Wallace.
- Forestry Sector (2 speeches)
I seek to understand whether any plans exist in regard to the forestry sector. The background is the McCarthy report on the disposal of State assets, which refers to Coillte. This idea has not...
- Accident and Emergency Services (2 speeches)
Gaibhim buíochas leis an Ceann Comhairle as an deis chun an ábhar seo a phlé. We have a looming crisis in our public hospitals because of the total over-reliance of the hospital system on...
- Hospital Waiting Lists (2 speeches)
There is a backlog of 4,478 orthopaedic outpatients on the waiting list at Cork University Hospital who have been waiting two years or longer. The patient longest on the list has been on it for...