Wednesday, 7 July 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (110 speeches)
I rise today to speak for those who have no voice for themselves. Last week I raised with the Taoiseach the consequence of Government action in not controlling costs. We now have a situation in...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Summits (58 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach Taoiseach if he will make a statement on his participation in the European Council meeting on 17 June 2010 [26251/10]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (13 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with several notices under Standing Order 32. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (304 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14, motion re report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on parliamentary standards; No. 14a, motion re technical amendments to Standing Orders; No. 14b,...
- Report of Committee on Procedure and Privilege on Parliamentary Standards: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann adopts the Report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on Parliamentary Standards, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 18th May, 2010."
- Technical Amendments to Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to Standing Order 99(1)(a) the Committee on Procedure and Privileges recommends that the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business are hereby amended as...
- Withdrawal of Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2008: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That leave be granted to withdraw the Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2008.
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, until the Dáil shall otherwise order, the order in which Questions to members of the Government, other than the Taoiseach, shall be asked in accordance with Standing Order 37(2)...
- Orders of Reference and Records of Committees: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Order of Dáil Éireann of 23rd October, 2007 establishing Committees of 30th Dáil be amended as follows: 1. by the substitution in each place where it occurs of: (a) 'Tourism,...
- European Council: Statements (25 speeches)
I call on the Taoiseach to make his statement under Standing Order 43. The following arrangements apply: Pursuant to today's Order of the Dáil, the statements shall be confined to the Taoiseach...
- Allocation of Time: Motion (10 speeches)
I move: That notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or the Order of the Dáil of the day that: (1) the proceedings on No. a8, Compulsory Purchase Orders (Extension of Time Limits) Bill 2010...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions (6 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for Defence if an approach has been made to the Defence Forces supply a unit United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon; such contribution is under consideration;...
- Irish Red Cross Society (6 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans regarding the reform of Irish Red Cross; and if he will make a statement on matter. [30355/10]
- Defence Forces Strength (6 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Defence when it is expected that agreement will be reached on the employment control framework for Defence Forces; and if he make a statement matter. [30264/10]
- Reserve Defence Force (6 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to reform the Reserve Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on matter. [30356/10]
- Naval Service (6 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Defence if he expects the replacement of vessels in Naval flotilla to happen line with original proposed schedule; Department Finance has given any...
- Other Questions (11 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Defence if contract negotiations in respect of the purchase new ships for Naval Service have been completed; and he will make a statement on matter. [29924/10]
- Defence Forces Recruitment (10 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of staff appointments recommended in Defence Forces medical service review that have been made to date; scheduled be by September 2010;...
- Defence Forces Strength (13 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Defence the current strength of Permanent Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on matter. [29927/10]
- Defence Forces Strength (13 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Defence if the strength of Permanent Defence Forces will be maintained at agreed overall level 10,000 for lifetime Public Service Agreement 2010-2014, Croke...
- Defence Forces Equipment (9 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Defence if he has received the Marine Casualty Investigation Board's report on loss of Asgard II; when will be published; and make a statement matter....
- Departmental Staff (6 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of civil servants in his Department at assistant principal officer or higher grades who were appointed to those positions from private...
- Overseas Missions (9 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Defence his views on whether a Defence Forces mission at battalion level should occur within 18 months; further failure to provide for such could damage the...
- Defence Forces Property (7 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Defence the proposals, if any, he has regarding Defence property portfolio; and will make a statement on matter. [30162/10]
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Central Bank Reform Bill 2010, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Seán Barrett - to...
- Health (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (77 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to have the opportunity to address the House today on Second Stage of the Health (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2010. The Bill provides...
- Health (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (29 speeches)
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Economic Issues: Motion (Resumed) (63 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Richard Bruton on Tuesday, 6 July 2010:
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Bill 2010, without amendment.
- Compulsory Purchase Orders (Extension of Time Limits) Bill 2010 [Seanad]: All Stages (22 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank Members for agreeing to take this Bill at very short notice. This is a small two section Bill, with just one section of a substantive...
- Compulsory Purchase Orders (Extension of Time Limits) Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Committee Stage (19 speeches)
- Road Traffic Bill 2009: From the Seanad (54 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Cystic Fibrosis Services: Statements (17 speeches)
I am delighted to have the opportunity to debate the significant progress we have made in Ireland in the development of cystic fibrosis, CF, services. As Minister, I am more than aware of the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Services for People with Disabilities
- Services for People with Disabilities (39 speeches)
We have had opportunities to raise the issue on numerous occasions but unfortunately we have not received any answers. I wish to raise the closure of the respite house in Clonile in Limerick,...
- Local Authority Mortgages (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for the previous debate. The manner in which it was taken should be repeated regularly, as it was of benefit to the Opposition. I raised the matter of local...
- Special Educational Needs (5 speeches)
I am glad to see that the Minister of State with responsibility in this area is here tonight. Last week I was contacted by the parents of two children both aged seven and each without a place in...