Wednesday, 26 September 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Anti-Poverty Strategy. (9 speeches)
Question 104: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the actions he is taking to tackle poverty and prevent homelessness; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [21086/07]
- Social Welfare Appeals. (8 speeches)
Question 105: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he is satisfied with the adequacy of procedures for determining social welfare claims in view of the fact that almost half of...
- Pension Provisions. (6 speeches)
Question 106: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs when, in view of the fact of recent findings by the Ombudsman in relation to a dispute regarding entitlements, he became aware of...
- Financial Services Regulation. (10 speeches)
Question 107: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the steps he is taking to assist service providers in combating and alleviating personal debt; the progress made by his Department...
- Waste Management. (6 speeches)
Question 108: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he has been in communication with the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government regarding a waiver system...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Pension Provisions. (6 speeches)
Question 109: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the position regarding the backlog of pension claims identified earlier in 2007; the reason for this backlog; the average waiting...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (31 speeches)
Question 110: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs when he expects to complete consideration of the proposed new package of reforms of State aid for lone parents which was promised;...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Deirdre Clune — the...
- Leaders' Questions (23 speeches)
In anticipation of Leaders' Questions, including questions on the Taoiseach's appearance before the Mahon tribunal, it is enshrined in the Constitution that the Government is accountable to the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Constitutional Amendments. (22 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referenda he will hold in the remainder of 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16793/07]
- Communications Unit. (21 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the total costs to date of the communications unit in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16799/07]
- Requests to Move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted notices to my office.
- Order of Business (10 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions, and No.10a, motion of confidence. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that the...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Resolution of the Dáil of 14th June, 2007, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Confidence in Taoiseach: Motion (357 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: —affirms confidence in the Taoiseach and the Government; —recognises the enormous contribution made by An Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, TD, to Irish public life...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Cancer Services: Motion (23 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, recognising that: —there are approximately 22,000 new cases of cancer registered each year; —over 7,000 people die from cancer each year; —the delivery of...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
In their pre-election promises the Taoiseach and Minister for Health and Children said no health cuts would be made and that more than 4,000 health workers would be recruited in the post-election...
- Industrial Development. (2 speeches)
Is é seo an chéad uair a bhfuil mé ag labhairt sa Dáil. Dá bhrí sin, gabhaim buíochas le muintir Maigh Eo as ucht an tacaíocht a thug siad dom ag an toghchán deireanach. Twelve years...
- Irish Sign Language. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Killeen, to the House. This is the Irish Deaf Society's awareness week. The central theme of the week is the quite serious campaign to get recognition...
- Local Authority Funding. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter which no doubt will be of interest to him, being a fellow Kerryman. Play is essential for the physical, cognitive, emotional and...