Wednesday, 4 July 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (23 speeches)
I call Deputy Kenny to put his question. The Deputy will be aware that under Standing Orders he has two minutes.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (105 speeches)
The Order of Business shall be No. 11, Roads Bill 2007 [Seanad] — Second and Subsequent Stages (Resumed); and No. 10a, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Agreement between the...
- Roads Bill 2007 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (22 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Dáil (7 speeches)
We have not received copies of the agreement between the European Union and the United States of America on the processing and transfer of passenger name record data by air carriers to the United...
- Roads Bill 2007 [Seanad]: Committee Stage (44 speeches)
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Finance (No. 2) Bill 2007 without recommendation and has passed the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (Amendment) Bill 2007 without amendment.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Agencies. (15 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the recent Supreme Court decision in a case taken by the Competition Authority against...
- Departmental Offices. (10 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the action taken by his Department and its agencies to date to ensure maximum energy efficiency and minimum carbon footprint...
- Economic Competitiveness. (19 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the comments by a person (details supplied) expressing concerns that the increasing...
- Energy Conservation. (21 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the carbon footprint of his Department to date in 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19203/07]
- Employment Rights. (16 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment when it is proposed that the National Employment Rights Agency will be fully operational; when he will be appointing board...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Creation. (28 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the enterprise element of the special local area plan for Mallow recently agreed; if he...
- Industrial Development. (11 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the way he will expand the role of FÁS and Enterprise Ireland in the coming years; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Consumer Rights. (7 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment when on-the-spot fines for breaches of consumer law will be introduced; and if he will make a statement on the matter. ...
- Industrial Development. (13 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the progress of the high level working group on manufacturing in reviewing the challenges faced by workers in vulnerable...
- Departmental Prosecutions. (2 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of prosecutions taken by him or by agencies under the aegis of his Department under Acts (details supplied) for...
- Job Losses. (13 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his views on the recent spate of job losses and evidence of reduced investment here; and the measures he will take to...
- Labour Inspectorate. (6 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of labour inspectors currently employed by the labour inspectorate of his Department; the number of labour...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Brian Hayes — the need...
- [i]Roads Bill 2007 [/i][[i]Seanad[/i]][b]: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages.[/b] (51 speeches)
We will resume the debate on section 2, amendment No. 3. Amendment No. 6 is related, so we will discuss amendments Nos. 3 and 6 together. Deputy Ring was in possession of the floor before we...
- International Agreements: Motion. (19 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion, provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam, to notify the President of the Council that it...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Ministers and Secretaries (Ministers of State) Bill 2007 without amendment.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Waste Management: Motion (Resumed).
- Waste Management: Motion (Resumed). (177 speeches)
I congratulate the Leas-Cheann Comhairle on his election to the post and also congratulate the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy John Gormley, on his...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (6 speeches)
I propose to share one minute of my time with my colleague from County Clare, Deputy Joe Carey. I am pleased to have the opportunity to raise this urgent issue. I was shocked to learn yesterday...
- Regional Airports. (7 speeches)
I thank the Acting Chairman for allowing me to raise this vital report for the mid-west. I congratulate Deputy Gallagher on his appointment as Minister of State at the Department of Health and...
- Power Stations. (8 speeches)
Deputy O'Donnell's response indicates the unsatisfactory nature of the Adjournment debate. However, I welcome the Minister, Deputy Eamon Ryan, and wish him well in his new position. He will be...