Wednesday, 25 January 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Fisheries Protection. (8 speeches)
Question 113: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if the level of fishing effort is in accordance with Council Regulations 1954 of 2003 and 1415 of 2004 fishing...
- Energy Resources. (4 speeches)
Question 114: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if measures will be forwarded to establish a strategic gas reserve; the reason Ireland is only one of three EU...
- Fisheries Protection. (18 speeches)
Question 115: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the steps he intends taking at Council of Ministers and European Commission level to effect radical reform of...
- Telecommunications Services. (10 speeches)
Question 116: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if his attention has been drawn to the fact that the availability of broadband and relevant infrastructure here...
- Fisheries Protection. (8 speeches)
Question 117: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his views on the common fisheries policy; and the arrangements governing the Irish fisheries' need to be subject...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Postal Services. (23 speeches)
Question 118: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the extent to which he will influence, direct or otherwise provide for the continued existence and expansion of...
- Digital Hub. (14 speeches)
Question 119: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will provide information on the recent €118 million property deal in the digital hub; the amount of the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Howlin — the denial by...
- Leaders' Questions. (24 speeches)
On 23 November last year I asked if the Taoiseach would take personal responsibility for the Government action in dealing with the carnage on our roads. In 2003, 335 people lost their lives on...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings. (42 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the progress of the McEntee commission investigating the 1974 Dublin and Monaghan bombings; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [36690/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (11 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (161 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11, motion re appointment of members of the Garda Síochána ombudsman commission; No. 12, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Maternity Protection Act...
- Business of Dáil. (2 speeches)
It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or the Order of the Dáil of this day, Private Members' Business shall take place on the conclusion of No. 18 and shall adjourn after...
- Order of Business (Resumed). (82 speeches)
It is priority legislation and it is being drafted. I do not have an exact date but it will be available in this session.
- Personal Explanation by Minister. (28 speeches)
The Minister for Finance has given notice in writing that he wishes to make a personal explanation and I have decided to permit this.
- Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, noting that the Government on 13th December 2005 nominated Mr. Justice Kevin Haugh, Mr. Conor Brady and Ms Carmel Foley for appointment by the President to be members...
- Maternity Protection Act: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the Draft Order entitled Maternity Protection Act 1994 (Extension of Periods of Leave) Order 2006, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 18th...
- Adoptive Leave Act: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the Draft Order entitled Adoptive Leave Act 1995 (Extension of Periods of Leave) Order 2006, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 18th January, 2006.
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That notwithstanding anything in the Resolution of the Dáil of 6th June, 2002, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Bill 2005: Financial Resolution. (1 speech)
I move: That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the charging in accordance with the Act by the Sea-Fisheries Protection Agency, to be established under that Act, of...
- [b]Irish Medicines Board (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2005 [/b][[i]Seanad[/i]][b]: Financial Resolution.[/b] (1 speech)
I move: That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the charging in accordance with the Act of certain fees, being fees in relation to applications for the grant of...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Social Welfare Bill 2005 and the Development Banks Bill 2005 without amendment.
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the Criminal Law (Insanity) Bill 2002 and has made amendments thereto.
- European Council Meeting: Statements. (19 speeches)
I attended the European Council in Brussels on 15 and 16 December 2005, along with the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Dermot Ahern. The conclusions of the Council have been laid before the...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
EU Services Directive: Motion.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for selecting this matter and welcome the fact that a female Minister of State is present. I hope she will speak with her Cabinet and Government colleagues on...
- Job Losses. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle and the Ceann Comhairle's office for giving me the opportunity of raising this matter. I am grateful for the presence of the Minister of State at the Department...
- Driving Tests. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this serious matter concerning my constituents in south Tipperary. Why has the waiting period for driving tests grown longer since...
- School Transport. (12 speeches)
I am grateful to the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue yet again on the adjournment of the Dáil. It is with deep regret and dismay that I must return to this issue,...