Written answers

Tuesday, 23 November 2021

Photo of Chris AndrewsChris Andrews (Dublin Bay South, Sinn Fein)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

491. To ask the Minister for Health if a Covid-19 Recovery Certificate is required to travel within the European Union if the person who has recovered from Covid-19 is also fully vaccinated; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [57248/21]

Photo of Stephen DonnellyStephen Donnelly (Wicklow, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

The EU Digital COVID Certificate is a document which is issued to help facilitate enable the safe and free international movement of people across the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic. Under the EU Digital COVID Certificate Regulation individual Member States are responsible for deciding how to utilise these certificates as part of their travel measures.

Individuals travelling within the EU are advised to check what restrictions are in place in the country of destination on the ReOpenEU website in advance of travelling.

It is important to note that the possession of an EU Digital COVID Certificate is not a pre-condition to travel.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.