Written answers

Tuesday, 12 February 2019

Department of Public Expenditure and Reform

Departmental Correspondence

Photo of Alan KellyAlan Kelly (Tipperary, Labour)
Link to this: Individually | In context

204. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform if he will publish all correspondence between a person (details supplied) or his office or officials with the Minister, his special advisers, the Secretary General of his Department or the Secretary General's office in each of the years 2016 to 2018 and to date on 2019. [6520/19]

Photo of Paschal DonohoePaschal Donohoe (Dublin Central, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context

As the Deputy will be aware, the person in question is a senior official in my Department. Consequently, like any senior official, he would be in contact with myself, the Minister of State, advisers and other senior officials in my Department in the normal course of his work. On that basis, I do not plan to publish correspondence as set out in the question.

Under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, any individual can make a valid request for access to official records held by Government Departments or other public bodies as defined by the Act. However, there are some exemptions to the information releasable under Freedom of Information, for example commercially sensitive information, that would need to be taken into account.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.