Written answers

Tuesday, 6 November 2018

Department of Health

Voluntary Sector Funding

Photo of John BrassilJohn Brassil (Kerry, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

696. To ask the Minister for Health the statutory funding or grant aid available to voluntary food banks and soup kitchens; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [45529/18]

Photo of Catherine ByrneCatherine Byrne (Dublin South Central, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

The Department of Health and the Health Service Executive (HSE) are responsible for addressing the health and social care needs of the population.

The HSE provides funding to voluntary organisations to provide health and social care services via Service Level Agreements. These agreements do not include the provision of foodbanks and/or soup kitchens.

Funding for food banks is provided by the Department of Social Protection through the FEED programme.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.