Written answers

Tuesday, 20 March 2007

Department of Education and Science

Special Educational Needs

11:00 pm

Photo of M J NolanM J Nolan (Carlow-Kilkenny, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context

Question 815: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if her Department will assist in having a child (details supplied) assessed for ADHD; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [9809/07]

Photo of Mary HanafinMary Hanafin (Minister, Department of Education and Science; Dún Laoghaire, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context

I can inform the Deputy that assessment or diagnosis of ADHD is a matter in the first instance for a clinician and I understand that a referral has already been made in respect of this child to the relevant authority within the Child & Family Service of the HSE. I can inform the Deputy also that the child has been assessed as recently as 12 March by a psychologist from my Department's National educational Psychological Service who will be communicating with the school authorities in relation to the best way in which to support the child within the school.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.