This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Social Welfare Benefits, Schools Building Projects, Tax Code, Hospital Services
(based on written questions asked by Willie Penrose and answered by departments)
- Living Wage: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (17 Oct 2019)
“I move amendment No. 1:To delete all words after “not to increase the national minimum wage; and” and substitute the following:“— instruct the Low Pay Commission to ensure that the national minimum wage becomes a genuine living wage from 2020 onwards, with appropriate legal protections for small- or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who can show they cannot afford to...”
- Pre-European Council: Statements (16 Oct 2019)
“The forthcoming Council meeting is clearly one of the most important to take place in recent times. We are acutely aware of the significant amount of speculation surrounding the Brexit negotiations. We are also acutely aware of the impact of Brexit and are now debating the outcome of same in a vacuum, as deliberations appear to be heading towards a deal or arrangement, the details of which...”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Electric Vehicles (16 Oct 2019)
“59. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if he has considered the implications for rural areas of the target of 1 million electric cars by 2030; if so, if it is planned to offer a range of additional incentives, particularly aimed at rural communities, to encourage motorists towards electric vehicle ownership as recommended by the Citizens’ Assembly;...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 67 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 261 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Willie Penrose speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 577 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register