This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fianna Fail TD for Clare
- Former Fianna Fail Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Timmy Dooley speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Appointments to State Boards, Hospital Appointments Status, Ministerial Transport, Road Network
(based on written questions asked by Timmy Dooley and answered by departments)
- Section 39 Agency Staff Reimbursements: Motion [Private Members] (17 Jan 2018)
“I commend my colleague, Deputy Calleary, for bringing forward this important Private Members' business. The Minister of State does not need me to tell him the important work that section 39 organisations and their staff do, or about the work that they provide at a very difficult juncture for our health service. They need our support. I think the Minister of State is being disingenuous, or...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Scrutiny of the Waste Reduction Bill 2017 (17 Jan 2018)
“I thank all the witnesses for their presentations and thoughtful contributions. I recognise that they are all here with some degree of vested interest depending on whom they represent, but the one vested interest that does not get enough recognition is the environment. It falls on us, as legislators, to try to craft and develop a series of legislative measures that force industry to respect...”
- Questions on Promised Legislation (17 Jan 2018)
“In the programme for Government, the intention is clearly set out to appoint a contractor to roll out high-speed broadband to 540,000 premises in rural parts of Ireland. A contract was due to be signed by June 2017, according to that document. The Government and, in particular, the Taoiseach talk repeatedly about supporting rural Ireland. I note from a press notification that the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 354 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 33 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Timmy Dooley speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 678 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register