This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Staff, Departmental Bodies, Special Educational Needs, Health Services, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Simon Harris and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Clinical Indemnity Scheme (24 May 2018)
“The State Claims Agency has a statutory responsibility to manage claims under the Clinical Indemnity Scheme and to ensure that the State’s liability and associated legal and other expenses are contained at the lowest achievable level. There has only been one case settled by the State Claims Agency to date relating to the issue. In that case liability rested with and...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Medicinal Products Reimbursement (24 May 2018)
“Medicines play a vital role in improving the health of Irish patients. Securing access to existing and new and innovative medicines is a key health service objective. However, the challenge is to do this in a safe and sustainable manner. Treatment must be appropriate and proportionate and clinical decision-making, such as prescribing, should be based on both patient needs and sound medical...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Waiting Lists (24 May 2018)
“Under the Health Act 2004, the Health Service Executive (HSE) is required to manage and deliver, or arrange to be delivered on its behalf, health and personal social services. Section 6 of the HSE Governance Act 2013 bars the Minister for Health from directing the HSE to provide a treatment or a personal service to any individual or to confer eligibility on any individual. The National...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 90 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Simon Harris speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 566 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register