This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Staff, Departmental Bodies, Special Educational Needs, Health Services, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Simon Harris and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Research and Development (25 Feb 2021)
“Direct public expenditure on research, development and innovation is increasing and Government Budget Allocations on R&D (GBARD) amounted to €802m in 2019 (and an estimated €869.2m in 2020). This represents an increase of €83 million since 2016 and is the highest level of public expenditure on RDI since 2009. While we have not yet restored investments to...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Health and Social Care Professionals (25 Feb 2021)
“The data requested by the Deputy is not held by my Department nor the agencies under its remit. Placements are organised at the level of each individual Higher Education Institution (HEI), as part of their programme offerings to be delivered in conjunction with relevant placement providers. Where appropriate, each HEI will develop their programme offerings to meet the accreditation...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Covid-19 Pandemic (25 Feb 2021)
“As was announced on 23rd February, the Government has agreed that Level 5 as set out in the Plan for Living with COVID-19 will remain in place until midnight on 5 April 2021. Level 5 measures designate higher and further education as essential insofar as onsite presence is required and such education activities cannot be held remotely. On 6th January I confirmed that further and higher...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Simon Harris speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1126 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register