This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Alternative Energy Projects, Schools Building Projects, Telecommunications Services, Energy Resources
(based on written questions asked by Simon Coveney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Rockall Island Ownership (25 Jun 2019)
“Rockall is a small uninhabitable rock located approximately 160 nautical miles west of the Scottish islands of St. Kilda and 230 nautical miles to the north-west of Donegal. It marks a point at which the Rockall Bank, part of the very large Hatton-Rockall area of continental shelf extending under the north-east Atlantic Ocean, protrudes 21 metres above sea level. During the 1960s and 1970s...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Policy (25 Jun 2019)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 109 and 110 together. I am aware of the bill that was proposed in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region which sought to amend local legislation to allow for extradition to the Chinese Mainland, Macau and Taiwan. I note that, on 15 June, the passage of this legislation was suspended indefinitely by the Hong Kong authorities in response to ongoing...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Travel Documents (25 Jun 2019)
“The Passport Service, within the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, is responsible for the issuance of passports to Irish citizens, as set out in the Passports Act 2008, as amended. Immigration or administrative requirements for entry into other States, including what documentation is acceptable for those purposes, are not matters that are within the competence of my Department.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 132 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 7 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Simon Coveney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2124 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register