This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Alternative Energy Projects, Schools Building Projects, Telecommunications Services, Energy Resources
(based on written questions asked by Simon Coveney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Conflicts (22 Sep 2020)
“The situation in Syria continues to be one of utmost concern. Over 12 million Syrians remain in need of humanitarian assistance, while over 5 million Syrians are refugees, mainly in neighboring countries. The impact of Covid-19, and worsening economic conditions risks increasing vulnerability further. This year, Ireland has provided €25 million in humanitarian assistance for the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Birth Registration (22 Sep 2020)
“The Foreign Births Registration Section has now resumed the processing of applications. Foreign Births Registration, by its nature, can be a detailed and complex process, often involving official documentation related to three generations and issued by several jurisdictions. At present, it takes between 12 to 18 months to process an application to completion. The Foreign Births...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Human Rights (22 Sep 2020)
“Ireland continues to be deeply concerned about the treatment of ethnic Uighurs and other ethnic minorities in the province of Xinjiang, including in relation to reports of forced labour. Ireland, along with our EU partners, has addressed this issue in our contacts with the Chinese authorities, both bilaterally and in multilateral fora. Ireland was one of 27 States to issue a Joint...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 54 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 9 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Simon Coveney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2352 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register