This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Alternative Energy Projects, Schools Building Projects, Telecommunications Services, Energy Resources
(based on written questions asked by Simon Coveney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Northern Ireland (13 Jun 2019)
“The Government is aware that, following a judicial review, a decision was taken by the PSNI not to progress the investigation into the journalists. We welcome this decision. Obviously in any democracy press freedom is essential. My officials met with the two journalists on a number of occasions in the course of this process and kept it under review throughout. The...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Human Rights (13 Jun 2019)
“I continue to be deeply troubled by the human rights abuses that migrants and refugees suffer in Libya, in particular the persistent abuses that have been reported in detention centres. I am particularly concerned by the ongoing fighting around the Libyan capital, Tripoli, which is endangering thousands of civilians, including putting already vulnerable migrants and refugees in Libya at...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Fisheries Protection (13 Jun 2019)
“In April 2017, Marine Scotland (an agency of the Scottish Government) advised the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine that it intended to exclude Irish fishing vessels from waters within a 12-mile zone around Rockall. The proposed Scottish action was based on the UK Government’s stance on sovereignty over Rockall and their interpretation of their prerogatives under UK...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 133 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 7 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Simon Coveney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2107 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register