This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Independent TD for Dublin Rathdown
- Former Independent Senator (University of Dublin)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Shane Ross speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Appointments, Consultancy Contracts, Departmental Bodies Data, Departmental Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Shane Ross and answered by departments)
- Business of Dáil (23 May 2018)
“That is my fault. I did not realise that.”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Aviation Industry Regulations (23 May 2018)
“The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) has statutory responsibility for aviation safety regulation in Ireland, including the regulation of remotely piloted aircraft systems (drones), as provided for under S.I. No. 563/2015 - Irish Aviation Authority (Small Unmanned Aircraft (Drones) and Rockets) Order, 2015. Under this Order, all drones weighing over 1 kilogram must be registered...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Road Traffic Legislation (23 May 2018)
“The priorities in my Department in respect of road traffic legislation have been focused on the safe passage of both the Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2017 and the Vehicle Registration Data (Automated Searching and Exchange) Bill 2018 through both houses of the Oireachtas. While the latter Bill has passed all stages, the Road Traffic (amendment) Bill 2017 remains in Report and Final In...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 4 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Ross speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 674 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register