This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Independent TD for Dublin Rathdown
- Former Independent Senator (University of Dublin)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Shane Ross speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Appointments, Consultancy Contracts, Departmental Bodies Data, Departmental Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Shane Ross and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Motor Insurance (7 Sep 2018)
“My reply to your previous question on this matter (PQ Ref 12358/18) set out the requirements for an application for a Motor Dealer Identity code. That reply referred to the special ‘dispensations’ motor dealers can avail of when granted this identity code. Accordingly, my Department must be satisfied that any application for Motor Identity codes meets all the requirements,...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Military Aircraft Landings (7 Sep 2018)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 1066 and 1076 together. The aircraft in question was a Boeing 767 operated by Cargojet Airways Limited. It arrived in Shannon from Roswell International (ROW) on the 3rd of July 2018 and departed to Tel Aviv, Israel on the 4th of July following a crew rest period. No application for an exemption for the carriage of munitions of war was made to my Department.”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Suicide Prevention (7 Sep 2018)
“As Minister for Transport, Tourism & Sport, I have responsibility for overall policy and funding in relation to the national roads programme. The planning, design and operation of individual roads is a matter for Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) under the Roads Acts 1993-2015 in conjunction with the local authorities concerned. Noting the above...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 76 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 4 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Ross speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 697 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register