This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Independent TD for Dublin Rathdown
- Former Independent Senator (University of Dublin)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Shane Ross speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Appointments, Consultancy Contracts, Departmental Bodies Data, Departmental Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Shane Ross and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Road Projects Status (24 May 2017)
“Under the Fresh Start Agreement, the Northern Ireland Executive and the Government agreed to undertake a review of the proposed Narrow Water Bridge project with a view to identifying options for its future development, for consideration by the North South Ministerial Council (NSMC). The current status of the project is that, as part of the ongoing work by both administrations on the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Road Tolls (24 May 2017)
“The statutory power to levy tolls on national roads, to make toll bye-laws and to enter into toll agreements with private investors in respect of national roads is vested in Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII, formerly NRA) under Part V of the Roads Acts 1993 to 2015. The Roads Act 1993 sets out the legislative provisions regarding tolling and section 62 of the Act specifies the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Vehicle Registration (24 May 2017)
“Overall responsibility for matters relating to the re-registration of imported vehicles lies with the Revenue Commissioners, a body under the aegis of the Department of Finance. As the issues raised in this Question would be more appropriately addressed to the Minister for Finance, I would advise the Deputy to contact that Department.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 71 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Ross speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 504 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register