This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Independent TD for Dublin Rathdown
- Former Independent Senator (University of Dublin)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Shane Ross speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Appointments, Consultancy Contracts, Departmental Bodies Data, Departmental Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Shane Ross and answered by departments)
- Air Services Agreements: Motion (12 Jul 2018)
“I move:That Dáil Éireann approves under Article 29.5.2° of the Constitution the terms of:(i) the Air Services Agreement between the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Government of Ireland; and (ii) the Agreement between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the United Arab Emirates for Air Services Between and Beyond their Respective Territories;copies...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 78 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 4 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Ross speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 697 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register