This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Independent TD for Dublin Rathdown
- Former Independent Senator (University of Dublin)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Shane Ross speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Appointments, Consultancy Contracts, Departmental Bodies Data, Departmental Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Shane Ross and answered by departments)
- Air Services Agreements: Motion (12 Jul 2018)
“I move:That Dáil Éireann approves under Article 29.5.2° of the Constitution the terms of:(i) the Air Services Agreement between the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Government of Ireland; and (ii) the Agreement between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the United Arab Emirates for Air Services Between and Beyond their Respective Territories;copies...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Marine Accidents (12 Jul 2018)
“The Marine Casualty Investigation Board was set up under the Merchant Shipping (Investigation of Marine Casualties) Act, 2000 to investigate marine casualties and publish reports of such investigations. Under Section 8 of the Act, the MCIB is established as being independent of the Minister in the performance of its functions and, in general, is independent of any other person or body whose...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Road Traffic Legislation (12 Jul 2018)
“Scrambler motorbikes and quadricycle bikes are mechanically propelled vehicles, which means that they are vehicles intended or adapted for propulsion by mechanical power. As such, irrespective of engine capacity, under road traffic legislation the user of a scrambler or quad bike in a public place must have insurance, road tax and a driving licence, and must also wear a helmet, with severe...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 76 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 4 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Ross speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 697 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register