This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Independent TD for Dublin Rathdown
- Former Independent Senator (University of Dublin)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Shane Ross speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Appointments, Consultancy Contracts, Departmental Bodies Data, Departmental Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Shane Ross and answered by departments)
- Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee (18 Jan 2018)
“I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Bus Éireann (18 Jan 2018)
“The issue raised is a matter for Bus Éireann and I have forwarded the Deputy's question to Bus Éireann for direct reply. Please advise my private office if you do not receive a reply within ten working days.”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: National Car Test (18 Jan 2018)
“The fee of €15.50 for a duplicate copy of the NCT vehicle inspection report has been in place since January 2002. This cost covers administration and I have no plans at this time to review this cost. It is my understanding that the Road Safety Authority (RSA) is reviewing the possibility of providing a vehicle's roadworthiness inspection history via an online platform. The...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 65 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 4 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Ross speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 600 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register