This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Legislative Measures, Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Advisers Data, Public Consultation Process, Consultancy Contracts Data
(based on written questions asked by Shane Cassells and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (16 Jan 2019)
“While the Taoiseach stated that the increase in local property tax for homeowners will be modest, when one looks at the graph published in theIrish Independent, it is clear the increases will be anything but. Simultaneously, he said during the Christmas period that it was his intention that local authorities would be able to retain all of the local property tax raised in their own areas. If...”
- Committee on Public Petitions: Decisions on Public Petitions Received (15 Jan 2019)
“I endorse what Senator Buttimer has said on the issue. The petitioner outlines several issues in respect of gambling and the gaming industry. The petition goes into quite an amount of detail in terms of the fact that there is a bookies or a casino in nearly every town. It states there is no body or law to protect the public from unfair practices engaged in by bookmakers. Gambling can take...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Authority Members (15 Jan 2019)
“72. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the date on which the final report on councillor's pay and conditions will be published; and if the recommendations in the report will be adopted regardless of the outcome. [1424/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 66 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 167 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Shane Cassells speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 75 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)