This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Proposed Legislation, Tax Code, Departmental Agencies, Public Transport, Irish Language Issues
(based on written questions asked by Seán Kyne and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Local Authority Facilities (28 Sep 2016)
“The facility to which the Deputy refers is the responsibility of Kerry County Council. My Department does not have any funding available to it at this time which could be used to assist with structural repairs to this facility. Kerry County Council could consider an application for funding to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: Hardship Grant Scheme (27 Sep 2016)
“The Salmon Hardship Scheme was introduced following a Government decision in 2006 to permanently cease, for conservation reasons, the commercial salmon mixed stock fishery. Under the scheme, hardship payments, averaging over €22,000, were paid to fishermen active in the commercial salmon fishery who availed of the opportunity to cease fishing and undertook not to...”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: Fishing Industry (27 Sep 2016)
“I am advised that there is currently no provision in the Fisheries (Consolidation) Act 1959 or other Irish fisheries legislation to allow for a nominee to fish on a wild oyster dredge licence. Given the conservation imperative and the need to prosecute the stock responsibly and rationally, the number of licences issued annually in each district is limited to ensure that fishing activity...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 170 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 13 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Kyne speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 198 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register