This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic Supports, Medical Aids and Appliances, Covid-19 Pandemic, UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
(based on written questions asked by Seán Canney and answered by departments)
- Commission of Investigation (Mother and Baby Homes and certain related Matters) Records, and another Matter, Bill 2020 [Seanad]: Second Stage (21 Oct 2020)
“I am grateful for the opportunity to speak on this emotive issue. We have been listening all evening to Deputies' contributions. This is an emotional debate. It should be non-political and an issue on which we should all work together. I come from just outside Tuam and I went to school in the town. I know many of the people who live near the Tuam mother and baby home. We have a lot of...”
- Post Office Network: Motion [Private Members] (21 Oct 2020)
“I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognises: — that transactions within the post office network are down by an estimated 25 per cent due to the Covid-19 pandemic, which heightens the serious viability challenges facing the network; and — the need to put the post office network on a sustainable operational and financial footing in line with the Cabinet decision in 2017;...”
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (20 Oct 2020)
“In light of the lockdown, there is an ongoing issue with community employment, CE, supervisors and their claim for support and recognition. These are people who will be on the front-line dealing with people who are in isolation and living alone and creating the community effort over the next six seeks to ensure that everything is right in the communities. I would welcome the Taoiseach's...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 99 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 12 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Canney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 143 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)