This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports, Vaccination Programme, Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, State Examinations
(based on written questions asked by Seán Canney and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (24 Feb 2021)
“I raise the issue of the Local Government Fund and how it is distributed to the local authorities. In particular, I raise the issue of Galway County Council, which is so poorly funded it is on life support at present. It is overwhelmed with work and does not have the resources to carry it out. As a result, services will be affected. Geographically, it is the second largest county in...”
- Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes: Motion [Private Members] (24 Feb 2021)
“I welcome the opportunity to speak on this very important topic. Again, we have put the survivors at the centre of attention nationally for the wrong reasons and poured more pain onto them. In terms of the amount of correspondence I have had on this issue in the past two weeks, it is the single biggest issue that has come to my office in a long time. It is important that we stop and...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Local Authority Staff (24 Feb 2021)
“91. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport out of the 248 new posts announced to expand walking and cycling facilities, the number that will be allocated to Galway County Council; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9476/21]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 302 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 12 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Canney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 170 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)