This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Construction Contracts, Inland Fisheries Stocks, Young Farmers Scheme, Public Sector Staff Retirements, Schools Site Acquisitions
(based on written questions asked by Seán Canney and answered by departments)
- Financial Resolutions 2019 - Financial Resolution No. 4: General (Resumed) (10 Oct 2018)
“I will be as quick as I can. I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for giving us time. I will shorten my comments by saying that I welcome the budget. The housing crisis has affected many families throughout the country and certain areas within the health system have also created a crisis. I welcome the home care and home help packages in the budget, which are very important. Farm incomes...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs: Mid-Year Review of Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Discussion (3 Oct 2018)
“I will be short and sweet. On reading the reports, I want to make a comment on the expenditure in the area of the development and enhancement of the amenities we have around the country. In my time in the Office of Public Works, OPW, my eyes were opened to the amount of assets we have, like hidden gems. I am delighted to see that Coole Park is being developed by the Department and it is...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Rural and Community Development: Sustaining Small Rural Businesses: Discussion (Resumed) (3 Oct 2018)
“I thank all of our guests for coming here to make presentations. Their statements were very informative. A few issues arise. With regard to Microfinance Ireland, it is very good to hear that so many jobs are being created and that employment is being provided in rural areas. My concern, which probably relates to every topic we are considering, is that money is being lent to people who...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 8 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Canney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 45 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)