This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Construction Contracts, Inland Fisheries Stocks, Young Farmers Scheme, Public Sector Staff Retirements, Schools Site Acquisitions
(based on written questions asked by Seán Canney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Legislative Measures (17 Sep 2019)
“The Minerals Development Act 2017 was enacted on the 26th July 2017 however it is not yet commenced. The legislation relating to minerals development is covered in the Minerals Development Acts 1940 to 1999 as amended.There are three separate State consents required to develop a mine: - An Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) Licence is required from the Environmental Protection Agency; -...”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Fishing Industry (17 Sep 2019)
“The Midlands Fisheries Permit applies to fisheries in the ownership of the ESB which are defined as private fisheries. The ESB’s midlands fisheries are managed by Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI) by agreement with the ESB including and arrangement for IFI to use the permit fees, due to ESB as fishery owners, from these fisheries to fund the management costs. These costs are additional...”
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions: Rural Development Policy (11 Jul 2019)
“The Deputy referred to rural regeneration and social deprivation in urban areas. SICAP is informed by the deprivation index, which measures the relative affluence or disadvantage in areas within the State. It is important that we do not leave anybody behind. The community services programme extended in 2019 will provide an additional €1 million to organisations finding it difficult...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 11 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Canney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 115 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)