This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Construction Contracts, Inland Fisheries Stocks, Young Farmers Scheme, Public Sector Staff Retirements, Schools Site Acquisitions
(based on written questions asked by Seán Canney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Voluntary Sector Funding (13 Mar 2019)
“My Department's community and voluntary supports and programmes unit provide a cohesive framework of support for the community and voluntary sector. €3.5 million is being provided in 2019 under this programme to support 21 volunteer centres, eight volunteering information services and a number of volunteer-supporting organisations, such as Volunteer Ireland. Following the...”
- National Children's Hospital: Motion [Private Members] (12 Mar 2019)
“It is clear from the debate that everybody in the House shares a commitment and determination to ensure that the children and young people of Ireland and their families can access world-class health services as soon as possible. This project presents a once-off opportunity to deliver adult, maternity and paediatric services on a single campus. The benefits of tri-location of a...”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Control of Dogs (12 Mar 2019)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 613 to 615, inclusive, together. The overall intention of dog control legislation is to place the onus on dog owners and those in control of dogs to act responsibly by keeping their dogs under effectual control. Such responsible dog ownership is the key to reducing incidences of sheep worrying and other problem behaviours. The Control of Dogs Acts...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 34 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 11 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Canney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 79 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)