This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Young Farmers Scheme, Schools Site Acquisitions, GLAS Payments, Fire Stations Provision, Agriculture Scheme Eligibility
(based on written questions asked by Seán Canney and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Office of Public Works Staff (23 Mar 2017)
“The Office of Public Works (OPW) recruitment advertisement for General Operatives Band 3 Rural positions at locations in Counties Carlow, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Limerick, Tipperary and Wexford refers to positions that may be permanent, fixed-term or seasonal. The next stage of this recruitment competition is to form a short-list of those applicants to be invited for interview in May...”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Coastal Protection (22 Mar 2017)
“The management of problems of coastal erosion at Portrane is a matter for Fingal County Council in the first instance. The Council must assess the problem and, if it is considered that specific measures and works are required, it is open to the Council to apply for funding under the Office of Public Works' (OPW) Minor Flood Mitigation Works & Coastal Protection Scheme. Any...”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Flood Prevention Measures (22 Mar 2017)
“The pumps at Rattoo referred to by the Deputy were installed as a pilot project and are maintained by the Office of Public Works (OPW) for the purpose of providing outfall during the farming (summer grazing) period, generally for 6 to 7 months of the year. They are not intended for use outside of this period, except in the event of low-lying properties being at risk during a flood event....”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Canney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 29 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)