This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Hospital Services, Public Transport, Tax Code, Services for People with Disabilities
(based on written questions asked by Seán Barrett and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Drug Treatment Court (23 May 2017)
“75. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if her attention has been drawn to the juvenile drug treatment court guidelines issued to juvenile drug treatment courts in Australia, which are designed for young persons with substance use disorders; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [23964/17]”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence: United Nations Office for Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs: Mr. John Ging (18 May 2017)
“I welcome both witnesses and I apologise for being late but unfortunately I was detained elsewhere. I will concentrate on one area, although other areas are equally important. I was in Somalia 25 years ago with a few Members. It was one of the most devastating experiences I ever had. When I returned, I said if anyone mentions the word "poverty" to me in Ireland, I will scream. What I...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence: Implications of Brexit for Foreign Policy: Discussion (11 May 2017)
“I thank both of the witnesses for their interesting contributions. I have a real problem as to whether it is wise for us to hang around waiting for the European Union, as a body, to negotiate an agreement with Britain. Ireland has a unique situation that, in my opinion, deserves special attention. We have a better chance of getting a satisfactory agreement by getting the support of the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 12–13 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 16 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Seán Barrett speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 968 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register