This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Decentralisation Programme, Tax Code, Departmental Agencies, Pension Provisions, Departmental Expenditure
(based on written questions asked by Richard Bruton and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (25 Feb 2021)
“I commend the Government on making good progress on the vaccines. Some 45% getting a first dose by the end of April, 60% by the end of May and 80% by the end of June is very satisfactory. My question is on those under the age of 16, for whom no vaccine is approved. Yesterday, we saw the death from Covid of a person aged 16. I know there is no approved vaccine for this cohort but has the...”
- New Decade, New Approach Agreement: Statements (24 Feb 2021)
“I welcome this debate because it comes at a difficult time. As we have seen in recent weeks, tensions are high in the aftermath of Brexit. We should view Brexit not as a trap to try to confront the constitutional issue, which is so divisive in Northern Ireland, but as an opportunity to show that we can offer a practical partnership in helping people in Northern Ireland to confront some of...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation: Pre-legislative Scrutiny of the General Scheme of the Competition (Amendment) Bill 2021 (Resumed): Discussion (23 Feb 2021)
“I welcome our guests. I am familiar with both of their operations, so I know that they put in a good shift on behalf of the consumer, for which I thank them. In respect of this Bill, Ireland suffers from having a small number of big players in many sectors. As, increasingly, these become data smart players, they have new sources of power to abuse dominance, to use the term that is used...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 264 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 10 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 91 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Richard Bruton speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1930 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register