This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Decentralisation Programme, Tax Code, Departmental Agencies, Pension Provisions, Departmental Expenditure
(based on written questions asked by Richard Bruton and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (18 Dec 2018)
“There will be legislation to introduce the ban on single-use plastics. It will come in under an EU directive which is being finalised. There is strong support for that. That same legislation will increase the targets that we must meet in respect of recycling. The Government is determined to respond to those new commitments which we are signing up to.”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Broadcast Advertising Standards Regulation (13 Dec 2018)
“I am responsible for Broadcasting Policy and my current role in relation to political advertising is limited to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland's role in ensuring that Irish Radio and Television broadcasters comply with the prohibition on political advertising provided for in section 41(3) of the Broadcasting Act 2009. The Authority is a statutorily independent regulator...”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Post Office Network (13 Dec 2018)
“An Post is a commercial State body with a mandate to deliver a postal delivery service and a viable post office network. The motion referred to by the Deputy recognised the commitment to protect the post office network in the Programme for a Partnership Government and called on the Government to undertake a number of actions to act on this commitment. The Programme for...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 96 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 9 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Richard Bruton speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1667 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register