This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Harbour Authorities, Services for People with Disabilities, Tax Code, Offshore Exploration, Semi-State Sector Remuneration
(based on written questions asked by Richard Boyd Barrett and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (9 Jul 2020)
“I am glad to hear that the Government will appeal the sectoral employment order. It seems to me that there are very strong grounds for that appeal which, as was stated, will affect thousands of construction workers and, potentially, hundreds of thousands of other workers in sectors where SEOs or sectoral agreements maintain some kind of minimum standard of pay and conditions. The...”
- Vote 33 - Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (Revised) (9 Jul 2020)
“I am provoked by Deputy Gannon's reference to the venue we are in. It is a nice venue but if one was trying to do an artistic evocation of the weirdness, surreality and alien character of the impact of the pandemic on Irish society, one could do worse than start with an image of this place, with Deputies sitting miles away from each other in this weird environment. Having said that, it is...”
- Rent and Mortgage Arrears: Motion [Private Members] (8 Jul 2020)
“I will be share time with Deputy Mick Barry. I will take five minutes and he will take four. The eviction of people into homelessness was utterly unacceptable before the pandemic. Solidarity-People Before Profit put forward an anti-evictions Bill that was passed with a majority in the previous Dáil. If I am correct, Fianna Fáil voted for that Bill and, ultimately, that is the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 141 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 329 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 11 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Richard Boyd Barrett speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2095 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register