This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Harbour Authorities, Services for People with Disabilities, Offshore Exploration, Semi-State Sector Remuneration, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Richard Boyd Barrett and answered by departments)
- Pre-European Council: Statements (16 Oct 2019)
“Seventy nine years ago, the Nazis extradited Lluís Companys i Jover, the Catalan President, to Spain where he was executed by the fascist Franco regime for rebellion against the Spanish state. In the past few days, the Spanish Prime Minister has suggested that this action by the Franco regime was legitimate as he commented on the Spanish Government's right to imprison leaders of the...”
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed): Legislative Programme (16 Oct 2019)
“I have a positive suggestion in the context of something the Department could do, namely, take the lead role in the area of disability rights and services. Even today, two Deputies raised various issues of mental health and disability services on Leaders' Questions while carers were protesting outside about what they did not get in the rather miserable budget. This morning, two disability...”
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed): Cabinet Committee Meetings (16 Oct 2019)
“It did not campaign for Brexit.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 257 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 401 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 10 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Richard Boyd Barrett speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2012 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register