This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Harbour Authorities, Offshore Exploration, Semi-State Sector Remuneration, Tax Code, Social and Affordable Housing Provision
(based on written questions asked by Richard Boyd Barrett and answered by departments)
- Public Service Pay Commission Report on the Permanent Defence Force: Statements (Resumed) (11 Jul 2019)
“It is deeply ironic but maybe typical of Fine Gael that this report has been published at a time when it pushes ever harder to abandon Ireland's traditional military neutrality and deploy Irish troops in extremely dangerous missions, such as that in Mali, or push us into greater involvement with the emerging European army and its relationship with NATO. Mali is effectively a French colonial...”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh (Atógáil) - Questions on Promised Legislation (Resumed) (11 Jul 2019)
“The programme for Government includes a commitment to improve services and increase support for people with disabilities. Some time ago, I raised the concerns of people with visual impairments in Dún Laoghaire regarding the possible closure of the NCBI office. The commitment made by the Government at the time that the services would all be retained and in no way eroded has not been...”
- Brexit Contingency Action Plan: Statements (11 Jul 2019)
“Absolutely, and what happens in British politics will impact upon it very significantly. We should want a Corbyn government. It is the better option if we are to have any sort of sane resolution to this situation. However, if I do not trust Boris Johnson, the Tories, Jeremy Hunt, or the UKIPs of this world, neither do I trust the European Union to protect the best interests of working...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 264 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 410 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 10 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Richard Boyd Barrett speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1994 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register