This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Harbour Authorities, Offshore Exploration, Harbour Authorities Expenditure, Semi-State Sector Remuneration, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Richard Boyd Barrett and answered by departments)
- Northern Ireland and Brexit: Statements (12 Jul 2018)
“I will put the case slightly differently from my colleagues in Solidarity in that People Before Profit subscribes to the view set out by James Connolly, namely, that partition on this island would lead to "a carnival of reaction both North and South". In the South, we got the Catholic Church-dominated, anti-woman regime that held sway and persisted until relatively recently and that has been...”
- Water Conservation: Statements (12 Jul 2018)
“Given the current drought and water shortages, people should conserve water as best they can in order that we do not run out of supplies. However, somewhat cynical attempts have been made - not here today but I have heard them in the House in the past week, particularly from Government Deputies - to suggest that if there had been water charges, this would not be happening or we would have...”
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Bill 2016: Report and Final Stages (12 Jul 2018)
“I also thank Deputy Pringle for his fantastic work in producing this Bill and persisting with it to the point that it is going to be passed. I also wish to thank Trócaire, the Stop Climate Chaos Coalition and all those who have championed and supported this Bill. It is hugely important. As others have said, while the impact is modest at one level, it is an absolutely clear signal that...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 271 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 405 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 10 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Richard Boyd Barrett speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1791 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register