This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Sinn Fein TD for Donegal
- Former Sinn Fein Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 November 2010 — Byelection
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 November 2010 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tax Code, Tax Yield, IBRC Liquidation, Hospital Waiting Lists, Departmental Expenditure
(based on written questions asked by Pearse Doherty and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Mental Health Services Provision (13 Mar 2019)
“191. To ask the Minister for Health if home support services are available for persons under 65 years of age under the care of mental health services; if so, the process by which applications are made; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12442/19]”
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Carer's Benefit Payments (13 Mar 2019)
“336. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the reason half-rate child dependant allowance is not applied to carer’s benefit claimants for foster children for the first six months while it is paid to other claimants of social welfare payments immediately; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [12536/19]”
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Child Benefit Eligibility (13 Mar 2019)
“337. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the reason child benefit is not paid to foster parents for the first six months; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [12537/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 202 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 826 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 5 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1040 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register