This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Sinn Fein TD for Donegal
- Former Sinn Fein Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 November 2010 — Byelection
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 November 2010 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tax Code, Tax Yield, IBRC Liquidation, Hospital Appointments Status, Hospital Waiting Lists
(based on written questions asked by Pearse Doherty and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (22 Oct 2020)
“We were told never again would residents in our nursing homes be abandoned like they were earlier this year. There is a situation in the west, however. I have spoken to the proprietor of that place. They have been begging in desperation for the HSE to help them for the past two days. They have not received that help. One nurse has been on call looking after 28 residents for 72 hours....”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Driver Test (20 Oct 2020)
“160. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport if a driver test will be expedited in the case of a person (details supplied) in County Donegal; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31086/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (20 Oct 2020)
“224. To ask the Minister for Finance the way in which the Covid-19 restrictions support scheme will be operated, in particular the way it will impact tax deductible trading expenses in future years; the timeframe for same; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31453/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 109 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 427 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 5 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1203 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register