This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Sinn Fein TD for Donegal
- Former Sinn Fein Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 November 2010 — Byelection
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 November 2010 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tax Code, Tax Yield, IBRC Liquidation, Hospital Waiting Lists, Hospital Appointments Status
(based on written questions asked by Pearse Doherty and answered by departments)
- Rent and Mortgage Arrears: Motion [Private Members] (8 Jul 2020)
“I want to raise the issue of mortgages and payment breaks. While we support the Labour Party motion, I know that it does not deal with the issue of payment breaks. It talks instead about penalties as opposed to interest and about mortgage arrears as opposed to payment breaks. In payment breaks, one does not accrue mortgage arrears. I think its spirit is in that line, given what Deputy...”
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (7 Jul 2020)
“The programme for Government commits to working with the banking industry to support customers during and after the Covid crisis. The Taoiseach will be well aware that the banks are charging a Covid penalty where mortgage holders who avail of this break will have to pay thousands of euro more. He will also probably be aware that on 11 May the then Taoiseach, and Ministers for Finance, and...”
- Special Committee on Covid-19 Response: Impact of Covid-19: Overall Fiscal and Monetary Position (7 Jul 2020)
“I welcome our guests. My colleagues will ask more questions later, but I will focus on two issues regarding the impact on consumers of Covid-19. I am sure that Mr. Makhlouf is aware of the response, issued on 22 June, of the deputy governor of the Central Bank to detailed questions from me. In that response, Ms Sharon Donnery, the deputy governor, stated that the EBA guidelines do allow...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 76 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 362 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 5 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1155 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register