This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Sinn Fein TD for Donegal
- Former Sinn Fein Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 November 2010 — Byelection
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 November 2010 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tax Code, Tax Yield, IBRC Liquidation, Hospital Appointments Status, Hospital Waiting Lists
(based on written questions asked by Pearse Doherty and answered by departments)
- Civil Law and Criminal Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2020: Second Stage (30 Jul 2020)
“Cuirim fáilte roimh an díospóireacht seo. I welcome the debate this evening but I must say I am absolutely taken aback that the Government has abused the goodwill of Members of the Opposition who, given the pandemic, the serious risk to health and the impact on our economy and court systems and throughout society, have waived normal political and parliamentary scrutiny on...”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (30 Jul 2020)
“A fortnight ago, when I raised with the Tánaiste the issue of pubs reopening he said that NPHET had not at that time been asked to advise on my suggestion that pubs could potentially reopen on the same basis as restaurants, that is, with social distancing, time limits and table service. They would be acting as restaurants but without having to serve food. This is particularly important...”
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (30 Jul 2020)
“Tá córas againn sa Stát seo maidir le measúnú do pháistí atá riachtanais sa bhreis acu. Níl an córas sin ag obair, ní raibh sé ag obair riamh, agus níl an Rialtas ag déanamh faic dó. This morning, RTÉ has shone another light on an issue we have had to raise in the House for far too long and far too often. This...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 104 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 459 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 5 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Pearse Doherty speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1187 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register